Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed, rapidly growing e-commerce startup that is disrupting the $7B rug industry and revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We're a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and solve for complex challenges, while charting your own career.
Ruggable is looking for a Production Supervisor to join our team in Charlotte, NC! We are looking for someone with previous experience, who is ready to skyrocket their career as we build into a newer facility! The Production Supervisor, reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, directs and manages all production responsibilities such as safety, throughput, quality, cost control, hiring, while also driving continuous improvement and optimization of production operation processes.
This position will be Supervisor of our C-Shift. C-Shift is Thursday - Sunday, 6:30am - 5:30pm EST.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversees activities of rug production including production and quality inspection
- Establish operational procedures (SOPs) for all production operations for continuous process improvement
- Ensure team hits operational KPIs based on resourcing and production targets
- Ensure that the operators follow Ruggable procedures for maintenance, cleaning and production
- Identify process and performance opportunities and work with management to implement improvements
- Support and fulfill ad hoc requests from R&D, Design, and Operations teams
- Become an expert on all parts of the production process and provide support on the line as needed
- Train, coach and schedule production operators and shift leads
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of production activities with other functions such as warehouse, printing operations, and replenishment
- Manage hours for cost per rug and prepare work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment
- Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities while driving plant safety culture
- Allocate resources effectively, fully utilize assets to produce optimal results, and trigger corrective actions when necessary
- Prepare monthly reports by developing, collecting and analyzing production data to reduce inefficiencies and increase throughput without reducing quality
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Proven work experience as a Lead/Supervisor; managerial experience a must
- Supervisor competencies - staffing, training, data analysis, resource allocation, and “sense of urgency”
- Must work well under pressure in a very fast-paced environment and able to work independently with moderate direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, addressing complaints/resolving problems, rewarding/disciplining employees, and appraising performance
- Ability to create and work in collaborative group environments
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing field and/ or warehouse environment
- Flexible schedule; ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Must be able to work legally in the United State
- Conversational Spanish
- Proficiency with GSuite
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- $50,000-$55,000 per year
- Employer matching (up to 3% of base salary) for company wide 401K plan
- Annual bonus percentage dependent on level of role
At Ruggable, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Ruggable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We proudly recruit and hire a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
To all recruitment agencies: Ruggable does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ruggable employees or any other company destination. Ruggable is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.