Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Engineer. We are shaking up the custom manufacturing industry by doing in seconds what typically takes days or even weeks. Our proprietary instant quoting technology and nationwide manufacturing network have allowed us to create an on-demand manufacturing service within the $60 billion custom parts industry.
The Production Sales Engineer serves as trusted advisors to prospects and customers by leveraging their technical expertise and business acumen to propose relevant solutions to real business problems. The Production Sales Engineer works in tandem with the Sales team to sell to our production manufacturing processes across business units and markets in North America. The Sales Engineer anticipates and overcomes technical objections to grow and accelerate sales opportunities and provide the right solution to our customers.
In this role you will:
· Support Sales and to conduct discovery meetings to uncover business and technical requirements that map to Xometry solutions relating to production manufacturing.
· Consult with prospects and customers to identify appropriate applications of Xometry technology to define a business case and solution.
· Demonstrate Xometry capabilities, including Xometry’s production Quality Control Value Proposition and ability to handle APQP, PPAP, or IQ/OQ/PQ.
· Support internal product, sales, and engineering teams by driving feedback and content for marketing collateral through case studies.
· Support marketing efforts by serving as an industry thought leader at events and webinars.
· Delegate projects to other Sales Engineers depending on their strengths and workload.
· Build relationships with key, strategic customers and be responsible for maintaining the technical relationship between Xometry and customer. This includes traveling to customers and tradeshows.
· Advise upper management on increasing efficiencies and reducing operating expenses across the company.
· Assist Partner Onboarding and Operations with strengthening our position as a customer’s one-stop shop destination.
What we look for:
· Mechanically intuitive and knowledgeable about a range of manufacturing process (CNC Machining, Sheet Metal, Stamping, Die Casting) ideally across multiple industries.
· Just as comfortable in deep technical discussions with engineers and manufacturing professionals as they are presenting to varied audiences, including executives.
· Consultative, making sure to ask questions to understand the why.
· Experienced at preparing technical solutions for business proposals.
· Experience with common NPI QC Requirements like PPAP, APQP, and IQ/OQ/PQ.
· Full understanding of IATF 16949 and/or ISO 13485.
· Familiar with regulatory audits.
· Driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage several long-term projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced startup environment.
· Have strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong business acumen, professional tact, and negotiation tactics
· Engineering degree (mechanical preferred), or related technical degree
· 10+ years’ experience in an engineering or technical field
· Demonstrated project management and presentation skills.
· CAD experience
· Demonstrated expertise in some of the following areas: Manufacturing, new product development, materials, CNC Machining, Additive Manufacturing, Injection Molding + more.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery in English.
· Willingness to travel up to 75%
· Must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States or hold a visa that allows you to work in the United States without sponsorship.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.