We are passionate about engineering organisms at Ginkgo Bioworks. We're guessing you are too.
We believe that engineering organisms requires an integrated, industrialized technology pipeline. To address this need, we launched Bioworks1 last year: our foundry for engineering organisms. Bioworks1 includes custom CAD/CAM software, robotic automation, latest genetic tools, high resolution LC-MS, automated fermentation and much more. We built it for people like you. Now we're about to launch Bioworks2!
We want to hire you because you believe that even though biology remains frustratingly unpredictable and Bioworks2 only scratches the surface of what we need to engineer biology, you can deliver an engineered organism to spec on time - no excuses. You believe this because you have successfully engineered an organism start to finish and it *worked*. This was a herculean task that took a team of highly trained PhDs years to complete. Using Bioworks2, we want you to do that every 6 months.
We are looking for experienced enzyme engineers to drive technical strategy for an organism development program given customer specifications, timelines and milestones. Your responsibilities will span technical, program and partnership management.
- Defining technical strategy and program
- Managing technical execution in accordance with agreed upon timelines
- Meeting and exceeding customer milestones
- Managing the technical program relationship with customers
- Ph.D. or equivalent plus 5+ years industry experience
- Previous success engineering enzyme expression and/or activity
- Prior experience in program management including timeline and milestone management
- Prior experience in industrial enzyme expression hosts a plus
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack - we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.