We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
A great education consists of more than just rigorous academics. At Success Academy, we provide numerous opportunities for scholars to explore talents and interests outside of reading, writing, math, and science to help develop the whole child. We don't consider these Scholar Talent courses "extra" but an integral part of the school design. Our schools offer a robust selection of Scholar Talent courses that may include Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Debate, Chess, and Athletics, where the curriculum, programming, and development of our Scholar Talent teachers is created and managed by our Experiential Learning Team.
Reporting to the Program Logistics Senior Associate, the Program Logistics Associate will facilitate operations-related activities in support of Debate, Visual Arts, and the Performing Arts.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the other members of the Program Management team to plan logistics and coordinate the execution of after school programs for Debate and the Performing Arts. Logistics include the identification and booking of space, securing uniforms and equipment where applicable, rostering participating scholars, coordinating transportation for participating scholars, drafting internal and external communication, monitoring eligibility, and tracking execution of all activities;
- Monitor the budget for debate and performing arts programming. This includes establishing contracts where necessary, invoice receipt and payment for external vendors, onboarding new vendors as needed, purchasing supplies needed to support Debate and Performing Arts programs, and managing any vendor-related issues;
- Facilitate the maintenance of the Network Events schedule (calendar) and coordinate scheduling with other department calendars (e.g. Academics, Operations) for Debate and Performing Arts events;
- Serve as site lead for Debate competitions/events and Performing Arts events. This will require you to work 6-8 Saturdays a school year. The Site Leads coordinate logistics for the Saturday event on-site which will include:
- Working with Human Resources, to ensure that external debate judges adhere to SA’s background check and fingerprinting policies prior to interacting with scholars;
- Working with procurement to manage payment process of debate judges; and
- Managing Tabroom system throughout the debate tournament.
We’d be excited to hear from you if:
- You have Debate experience, primarily at the High School or College level;
- You exhibit strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- You are able to communicate across a wide variety of constituents, both verbally and in writing;
- You are comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment;
- You possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to establish protocols and processes;
- You have 5+ years of project management experience, inclusive of budget management and accountability;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required, and knowledge of Trello is a plus;
- A B.S. or B.A. degree is required. A major in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Accounting, or Operations is a plus;
- PMP certification is a plus; and
- Intermediate Tab Room experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.