Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian’s future lies in the cloud, and our Cloud Platform provides a key strategic advantage for our customers, users, and ecosystem. Our team has the enormous potential to increase the impact of every Atlassian cloud engineer, from those who work on our internal platforms to those who strive to improve the experiences of our fanatical end-users. But first, we need to empower our own engineering teams and enable them to do the best work of their lives.
Teams building Atlassian's major cloud products and platforms all rely on a robust, reliable platform to shepherd their code from development to production while maintaining the high standards for our code quality and deployment practices. As a Program Manager for the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will help our teams to align their strategic plans to the companies and manage work to execute on them. You will guide reporting mechanisms, craft communications, and help implement processes for cross team projects.
As a Program Manager at Atlassian you will build strong partnerships with the Engineering, Product, and Design leaders. You will help keep the team aligned to deliver on the strategic plan and relate their work to Org level business goals. You are a center of team spirit, and help teams work toward a common strategy.
Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we're looking for.
In this role you will:
- Work with delivery teams to help ensure they are planning, setting the right goals, and executing on those goals effectively with good tracking and reporting methods.
- Run strategic projects, which focus on technical delivery across the cloud platform.
- Facilitate discussions between product and engineering teams to drive prioritisation and trade-offs.
- Bring project management processes to projects and teams, focussing on communication, dependency management, and risk & issue management.
- Identify areas where programs or processes are needed across the team, and work with the wider Program Management team to implement solutions for these programs.
- You love solving complex problems in a fast paced environment with many moving parts
- You have a progressive approach when it comes to Project Management and program effectiveness
- You’re a facilitator and a multiplier, passionate about software product teams, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- You are able to prioritize and ask the right questions
- You thrive on innovation, always be looking for opportunities to improve process, in order to increase team output and team health.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proven experience working in a complex software/IT/SaaS environment as a Project Manager
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in diagnosing blockers, driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with multiple priorities.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and are able to drive adoption of processes, patterns, and agile frameworks to help empower our teams
- Understand the software development lifecycle and can partner with teams to deliver high-quality products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working on projects within platform, networking, observability, or infrastructure teams in a large scale SaaS environment
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to [email protected]
and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub