Slack is looking for a Program Manager to design and own our global employee engagement program. This role plays an important part in helping Slack employees lead simpler, more pleasant and more productive working lives. You will also help community organizations and nonprofits around the world accomplish their mission by supporting them through volunteering opportunities.
In this role, the Employee Engagement Program Manager will drive corporate volunteering, strengthen internal and external awareness about Slack for Good's volunteering work, and own new and existing partnerships with nonprofits. This person will help the Slack for Good team rethink their employee engagement strategy given the digital-first, remote world of work. We’re eager for someone to come in with creative and compelling ideas. Robust data collection and analysis skills will also be essential in informing what’s working and what can be improved.
What you will be doing:
1. Volunteer event management
- Manage global volunteer program and budget; oversee program/project development, promotion, implementation, communication and evaluation
- Plan and execute impactful volunteer activities, both internationally and in the U.S, at various scales (15-400 employees)
- Run and manage Slack for Good’s regional employee-led committees Manage seasonal volunteer projects (Holiday giving, Back to School drives.)
- Serve as Slack’s representative at community organization meetings, events, committees
- Review and respond to volunteer requests from nonprofit organizations and suggestions from employees
Create virtual volunteer opportunities for our remote employees that not only drives impact but builds community and fosters belonging
2. Program communication
- Develop stories/content about our volunteer work to share internally to drive awareness and build momentum with employees
- Partner with editorial team to create external facing content
Build and facilitate engaging training on Slack for Good’s mission and how to get involved during new hire on-boarding
3. Data analysis
- Conduct analysis and draw insights to continually improve the program for employees and community partners
- Determine key metrics for the program
- Administer surveys to collect qualitative and quantitative data: surveys after volunteer events, and a company-wide annual survey to measure employee engagement
- Track and report out on results to relevant stakeholders
What you should have:
- Passion for giving back and creating compelling and impactful employee engagement experiences
- 3-5 years of program or project management experience, preferably in the nonprofit or Corporate Social Responsibility space
- Experience planning and running events
- Exceptional communication skills — writing and speaking
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and resourceful
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work well with others, to establish and maintain relationships
- Ability to get things done in a dynamic, resource scare environment with competing business priorities
- Comfort bridging nonprofit and tech industries to accomplish shared objectives
- Must be driven, a self-starter and a team player
- Must be perseverant and patient
- Must have a strong sense of humor
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.