SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
SemanticBits is a mission-driven company which works side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn't happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. We are looking for a Program Manager who will be our key driver to make this happen.
You will lead a set of Scrum teams in an immersive Agile environment. You will be the primary point of contact for a set of business capabilities being implemented by the Scrum teams, each team with a Scrum Master working under your guidance. You will be overseeing 40+ resources across numerous Scrum teams all working to transform healthcare delivery. You will advocate and evangelize a highly tuned Scrum-based Agile methodology, ensuring that the process and project teams self-improve over time.
The software is built using modern technologies, DevOps practices, and cloud-based infrastructure. The work setting is highly dynamic, with numerous project teams (each with multiple Scrum teams) working towards a common vision to deliver an integrated solution.
- Advocate and spearhead Agile SDLC across teams and with the customer
- Maintain single point responsibility for the overall success of each project within your portfolio
- Establish communication and set and implement standards with the Scrum teams
- Handle resource requirements, including supervisory oversight
- Initiate, develop, and grow relationships within the team, across teams, and with the customer
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Agile Program Roadmap for the business capabilities
- Work closely with executive management on the strategic goals and path for the teams
- Ensure stability and growth within the assigned domains
- Pursue new business development opportunities as they present themselves
- Hold managerial and administrative authority over designated business capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management, or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in IT
- 3+ years of program management experience on software development projects managing 20+ resources
- 3+ years of experience managing two or more scrum teams in an Agile environment
- Strong familiarity with Agile project management software preferred (eg. Jira and Confluence).Experience monitoring teams in an Agile setting, reporting on progress, and making adjustments
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
Possess leadership skills to motivate your team to follow your direction; setting reasonable, challenging and clear expectations for individuals and holding them accountable
- Scrum certification required, SAFe certification preferred
- Ability to establish a positive working relationship with the client.
Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Ability to be onsite 3-5 days a week in Windsor Mill, Maryland
- Strong written and oral communication skillsWell-tuned, interpersonal skills
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Previous experience with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Experience in healthcare domain strongly preferred
- Experience in federal contracting
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position requires the ability to work in an open work environment where privacy is limited and subject to some noise/distractions. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 or [email protected]