Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
As a Program Manager you will be responsible for leading projects that deliver a transformative capability for the U.S. and its allies -- novel, fully-autonomous, multi-agent, unmanned aircraft systems capable of gathering real-time intelligence in contested environments. You will work with sponsors, operational end-users, industry partners, and a talented cross-functional engineering team to lead design and development of applied artificial intelligence for a new generation of unmanned systems and mission applications. This technical project role requires a versatile individual who can understand the national security market and empathize with users, plan and manage a complex product development program, and make difficult and informed decisions regarding integrated hardware, software, and systems engineering efforts.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with sponsors, end-users, business development, designers, and engineers to define product requirements and project plans for hardware and software that powers autonomous systems and meets specific mission needs.
- Work with engineering to translate project requirements into system designs, technical specifications, and actionable development strategies.
- Motivate and orchestrate efficient, successful, cross-functional execution of technical effort against demanding project objectives.
- Facilitate technical discussion and decision making to appropriately prioritize work and make complex trades.
- Continuously engage with external and internal stakeholders to communicate project status and plans.
- Reinforce Shield AI's reputation for technical excellence and ability to deliver through expert engagement and disciplined execution.
- Other duties as assigned
People we're looking for have the following required education, competencies, and experience:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of work experience; alternative degrees are acceptable if professional experience is focused in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, or Computer Science.
- You have experience as a Project Manager driving development of sophisticated hardware and software systems.
- You have solid technical foundations in commercial hardware and software development and experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- You have the ability to recognize efficiency and inefficiency in projects and prioritize remedies based on accurate cost-benefit analysis.
- You are an exceptional, fundamentals-driven problem solver and communicator.
- You have a demonstrated record of setting and achieving goals in dynamic environments, working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.