The Sales team at Stripe works with new and existing businesses of all shapes and sizes. The Revenue Operations team is responsible for overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization, partnering closely with the sales team and teams across Stripe to drive initiatives. We are looking for a self-starter to join our team who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a fast-growing environment, and solving problems with limited oversight.
The Sales Compensation program manager will work with stakeholders across Sales, Revenue Operations, Finance, HR, and other supporting organizations to define and implement the compensation initiatives that support Stripe's go-to-market strategies. This person will bring sound judgement and deep understanding of sales compensation to drive decision-making and problem solving, as well as insights to support the successful deployment and management of the programs.
- Own the operational design for incentive tracking for existing and newly commissioned roles, products, or SPIFFs
- Reconcile operational infrastructure and reporting with sales compensation plan language and own the roadmap for necessary changes
- Gather constructive feedback from a wide cross section of sales, sales operations, finance, and HR leaders to create world class compensation plans that achieve desired outcomes
- Drive the annual Sales Incentive Compensation planning and design process by creating the compensation plans and programs for the sales organization that incorporate quotas, accelerators, bonus programs, and SPIFF
- Represent the Sales organization, take the lead role in the system implementation of the incentive plans and programs for each fiscal year. In addition to the annual process, you will define additional key projects related to system enhancements to drive those projects to completion
- Serve as an internal consultant to business leaders and executive leadership teams on matters related to global compensation including job/role review, motivators, sales incentives design, and administration
- Identify opportunities for process improvement; recommend solutions leveraging best practices. Develop and document processes/procedures as appropriate. Collaborate with team members and management to prioritize opportunities to improve the workflows for the Compensation team
- Create and facilitate the enablement strategy to communicate the compensation program each year. Use of technology to enhance the strategy is highly recommended
- Define and administer audit processes to maintain data integrity of assigned compensation programs/processes; ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Support audit and/or control requirements as needed
- 6+ years of combined experience between sales compensation and consulting/program management
- Experience working directly with Sales and Revenue Operations teams
Nice to have:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet or software company