The program requirements manager collects, documents, and maintains the authoritative list of requirements for our next-generation LiDAR sensors and associated systems. The program requirements manager also is accountable for adherence to corporate hardware and software development methodologies, as well as coordination across all technical resources throughout the life-cycle of a development project. Responsibilities include creation and maintenance of various types of documents, testing support and assisting in delivery activities.
- Leads development of requirements specifications and business cases documentation.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to define scope for new projects, documents risks and assumptions, develops the delivery approach, and estimates cost and timings.
- Works closely with project managers and team members through all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes existing processes and develops strategies for enhancements.
- Communicates with Development and QA teams regularly to ensure accurate understanding of requirements.
- Works closely with writers of user manuals, help files, and facilitates training sessions for applications, as needed.
- Coordinates knowledge transfer from Development Teams to user support teams.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- At least five years’ experience with embedded systems, including automotive electronics.
- At least two years’ experience with Agile software development methods such as: Scrum, Continuous integration (CI), Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, or Lean Software Development.
- Experience decomposing, refining, and documenting requirements using a variety of graphical and textual techniques, including use case scenarios and diagrams, functional requirements specifications, activity and process diagrams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard development methodologies and technologies.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as JIRA, JAMA or DOORS highly desired.