TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking Programming Lead to design and implement the programming for the First 50 Fellowship and additional new programs being launched to support job-seekers within the Hiring Org. Details below — this role is fully remote.
About On Deck
On Deck is a global community where ambitious, talented people start and scale companies and invest in their careers, among a cohort of their peers.
On Deck Fellows are our customers, our community, and core to everything we do: their experience and success is paramount. As the Programming Lead, you'll design and implement a curriculum that enables job-seekers to figure out what they want next and then actually get those jobs!
You'll spend your time on multiple business lines:
- 50-75% of your time will be spent focused on the On Deck First 50 Fellowship
, our flagship offering within the Hiring org, supporting entrepreneurial job-seekers looking for roles at breakout startups.
- Your role will be to 1) own evolution of the curriculum to best serve the needs of our Fellows; and 2) implement the programming by identifying and contacting prospective speakers, preparing and leading some sessions, and following up when appropriate. We currently run 6-7 live events per week for OD50 Fellows.
- 25-50% of your time will be spent designing curriculum from scratch and leading successful session implementation for a series of additional Fellowship verticals we're launching within the Hiring org during 1Q22 and 2Q22.
In addition, you'll spend a significant amount of time engaging directly with our Fellows to help guide their On Deck experiences and broader job searches — understanding the needs of our Fellows will help you do your job better!
The person joining in this role will begin as an individual contributor leading programming across the Hiring org, and then like all opportunities at hyper-growth startups such as On Deck there is significant room for growth in the coming months and years as the business needs evolve.
This is an incredibly exciting role, with lots of opportunities to learn, get your hands dirty, and take on key responsibilities from Day 1.
Who you are:
Energized by program design — you get excited by creating sessions that will help Fellows reach their job search goals!
Comfortable in front of the (zoom) camera as well as the back of the house — you'll run programming from idea through to execution so will wear many hats to ensure that each individual session, as well as the program overall, is a success.
High output + execution hustle — you embrace the generalist mindset and slot in wherever necessary. You are highly resourceful, an eager learner, and thrive in a scrappy and often chaotic environment.
Frontlines community-builder — you love supporting and connecting people, and you rarely run out of energy for another Zoom chat or Slack message to learn about someone and their experience.
Creative "spirit of service" — you think first how you can serve others and are always seeking opportunities to support Fellows. Your default setting is to get creative, and you’re often the source of pleasant surprises to those around you.
Meticulously detail-oriented — you naturally take on ownership, have an eagerness to dive into the nitty-gritty, and pride yourself on not letting anything fall through the cracks.
A wonderful human — when someone describes you, the first thing they say is "what a great person." At On Deck and OD50, this involves being highly collaborative, generous with your time and smile, surprising and delighting other people and generally taking a selfless approach to delivering an amazing experience for our Fellows and the team.
- Candidates who are BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, and have an interest in helping job-seekers are warmly encouraged to apply.
What you will do:
Design Curriculum — you'll lead our efforts to support our job-seeking Fellows with thoughtful programming to help them achieve their goals. You'll own the curriculum creation and refinement process from A to Z.
Plan and Lead Events — our OD50 team plans 6-7 live, virtual events every week and you will own many of these from ideation through to execution. This could be a workshop on a career-related topic, a Talent Demo Day where founders of the hottest startups pitch our Fellows, a fireside chat with an early employee from a now-prominent startup, or something else that you think will help our Fellows on their journeys. We strongly support your creativity and experimentation when coming up with event ideas!
Communications — as a fully remote team and program, communication is at the core of being a successful On Deck team member. All types: verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, collaborative, both with the internal team and Fellows. We operate in a "no task is too small" startup environment.
Sweat the small stuff — ensure we give Fellows & speakers a highly professional experience with every last detail prepared.
...and whatever else will create value for Fellows. Our programs are dynamic and ever-evolving. We pride ourselves on a culture of experimentation and constantly look for opportunities to better curate, deliver, and enhance the fellowship experience for the Fellows.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. We plan to build a modern educational institution for the next 100 years. If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to transform education, this is it.
- Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our Series A in this memo)
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
On Deck is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions
• You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be cool
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.