Programs Coordinator (DEI)
Austin, Texas, United States
Programs Team reporting to Programs Manager
Capital Factory attracts some of the most influential entrepreneurs in Texas, and across the country, to speak and participate at events. Capital Factory is committed to 6 major underrepresented groups in Tech, we produce over 7 DEI summits a year and support various community partners in DEI programming. The Program Coordinator helps orchestrate and shape content to foster DEI initiatives and conversations that inspire entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators around the world.
As the Programs Coordinator you are responsible for making sure that the DEI content is successful and engaging under the direction of the programs manager. You will help foster conversations around race, diversity, equity and inclusion during a pivotal moment in our country’s history. You will lead cross functional meetings and will be responsible for all follow up on all project deliverables. You will work closely with the Capital Factory Programming and Events Team and other internal/external stakeholders, community partners and corporate partners to make sure all expectations are met.
This is an opportunity for an organized driven individual to project manage multiple large scale virtual and in person programs supporting the Texas startup community. You will learn the intricacies and nuances of working in and building with a fast-growth startup. You will gain a robust exciting network of people across the innovation community. You will have the opportunity to share your network with other entrepreneurs. This role will strengthen your project management skills, expand your personal network within the startup community and heighten your professional expertise broadly.
Check out one of our DEI Summits Here
Activities you will regularly participate in...
- Execute & support diversity programming and events at Capital Factory
- Create and manage timeline, marketing campaigns, registration, agenda creation, speaker outreach and all elements as it relates to virtual and live events.
- Create and oversee master timeline and liaison with all internal departments to ensure deliverables are met on time.
- Create day of logistics ROS and technical ROS
- Create speaker briefing document and calendar invites for all speakers
- Liaise with technical director as necessary
- Draft/manage host script and prepare necessary documents for their reference
- Foster relationships within the Capital Factory network.
- Support the overall strategy, development, and execution of programs that benefit the CF community and corporate partners. Programs include: Founders Stories, AMA’s , Defense Innovation, Capital Factory Immersion.
- Supports cornerstone events such as Fed Supernova and Austin Startup Week
- Assign team roles/responsibilities, and manage deliverables for planning/day-of execution
- Streamline and ideation on all processes throughout the programs
You'll know you're successful if....
- Your events are well attended and you receive solicited and unsolicited feedback on the quality of the programs you run from attendees, speakers, sponsors, and Capital Factory members.
- You have a productive and collaborative relationship with the Partnerships Team, Corporate Strategy Team, Memberships Team, Accelerator Team, Innovation Council Team and Creative Team
- Partners and sponsors give unsolicited feedback about how great you are to work with and they show they mean it by giving us repeat business
- Your events are successful at delivering the requirements of our programming to startups, corporate and community partners
- You build strong relationships with our Mentors, Account Managers and VIPs at Capital Factory, and they regularly participate as guests, speakers and attendees in our events.
- You work to review and streamline current program offerings to produce a steady increase in engagement at Capital Factory
- Your run of show is executed with precision and you practice the flexibility to make changes the day of.
- You have strong ties within the DEI community in Texas
- You have played a role at a previous organization with experience in social justice or DEI initiatives.
- You have deep empathy and compassion for others.
- You have at least 2 years of experience planning, marketing and executing events that enable awareness such as panels, keynotes, workshops, and hackathons..
- You are able to execute another person’s vision with integrity and thoughtfulness
- You are available during business hours and by phone 24/7.
- You are resourceful- if you don’t have the answer you can find it.
- You are customer service oriented.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will... You just roll with it.
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone.
- You are a documenter. You make lists and spreadsheets.
- You plan to stay in Texas and fully commit to this position for at least 2 years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We communicate when we are not able to meet a deadline and suggest a solution
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place with fast internet where we can work remotely as required
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2010.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health and dental insurance
- $1,000/year equipment stipend on 1st and 2nd year anniversary
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, metro pass, or rideshare credits and onsite gym
- A priceless rolodex