This position will be responsible for logistics and coordination for multiple senior level directors. This role will support the Communication and Fundraising teams with experienced administrative and project support.The Project Assistant will manage calendars and scheduling, support events, as well as plan team travel using travel management software. The Project Assistant will lead meeting logistics, prepare expense reconciliations and provide general administrative assistance for multiple directors as a shared resource. This role takes an experienced administrative professional to juggle priorities, anticipate needs and deliver professional communications and support with accuracy and confidence. This person must be able to learn new s/w with confidence as well as bring problem solving and ‘can-do’ attitude to the job. This role will work across time zones in global environment, as well as support meetings with remote staff participation. The right person will have creative problem solving skills,, ability to adjust to differing styles, and enjoy providing service and support to our teams and our mission.
We'd like you to do these things:
- Support and coordinate schedules and administrative requests for multiple senior directors.
- Support travel planning and prepare itineraries using travel management s/w
- Support event planning and logistics
- Anticipate and respond with quality, professional administrative support
- Prepare expense reconciliations for team and volunteers
- Shepherd contract process using tracking s/w
- Manage on-boarding and off-boarding of team members
- Work well with all levels of the organization; editors, volunteers, staff, technical staff, contractors
- Provide administrative solutions and quality support at all times.
- Support events and coordinate logistics and planning
- Hold confidentiality and ability to work with sensitive matters and information.
- Ability to work with colleagues who do not have English as primary language
- Special projects as assigned including working on small to large events with other team members
We'd like you to have these skills:
- 5 years of administrative support in medium to large organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and savvy, ability to adjust, learn and use new and different open source s/w.
- Excellent calendar management and meeting preparation skills
- Setting up Teleconference and video conferencing meetings
- Comfortable and experienced with technology, various a/v equipment, and s/w.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions
- Excellent ability work with all levels of staff including a wide range of diversity of staff
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive in changing technical environment
- Must enjoy supportive, service oriented administrative work within a team of professionals
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Experience in event planning, international travel and speaking additional languages
- Open Source knowledge and strong desire to learn and be part of free access and open source movement
- Working with Concur Travel and Expense systems
- International time zone and virtual community experience
- Working with virtual communities
- Experience with wiki markup syntax, and editing on wiki’s
- Experience with editing on Wikipedia or other WFM wiki projects
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Wikipedia and the other projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation receive more than 431 million unique visitors per month, making them the 5th most popular web property worldwide. Available in more than 287 languages, Wikipedia contains more than 32 million articles contributed by a global volunteer community of more than 100,000 people. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) charity that is funded primarily through donations and grants. The Wikimedia Foundation was created in 2003 to manage the operation of Wikipedia and its sister projects. It currently employs over 240 staff members. Wikimedia is supported by local chapter organizations in 40 countries or regions.
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, massages, cooking classes and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - international staff speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location