ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey. By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
As a member of our Chief of Marketing Officer (CMO) office team, you will be responsible for organizing & leading all Sales major cross-departmental projects to increase and improve sales & processes. The role of a project coordinator is a support role to help the team achieve their goals. At times this can mean being the leader to get the team over the finish line and at other times it can mean being at the back helping to make sure no one is falling behind. A successful candidate is someone who can gauge how the project is progressing and quickly adapt their technique to match the need.
- Establish standards, guidelines and best practices for managing projects within CMO office
- Manage multiple Sales cross-departmental projects, own timelines, outline key milestones, and coordinate all activities within competing initiatives
- Anticipate and effectively address any potential bottlenecks and roadblocks
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project teams
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Keep alignment between all projects and the overall strategic goals of the organization
- Truly own the success of the projects, by enabling others to do their best work
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- 1-2 years of experience in a Project Management role
- A creative mind with the ability to think critically to solve issues & gaps
- Excellent communications skills
- Fast learner with a desire for continuous independent learning
- Management: Ability to direct and manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
- Adaptability: Able to navigate ambiguous situations, anticipate, identify and eliminate roadblocks, and know when to escalate to keep projects moving forward
- Detail-oriented: Meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Project Management Practitioner (CPMP) is considered an asset
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.