ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and 2 floating holidays to use at your discretion!
16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
Visit our site to learn more, and check out some recent press on ByHeart:
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is responsible for direct ownership of key capital projects. The role is also responsible for project management framework with key focus on continuous improvement. Key elements include:
- Define project scope with clear objectives including developing and managing a detailed project schedule with an action plan.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives by managing resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Track project costs to meet budget and track timelines to meet objectives.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Track project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Respond fluidly to unexpected events and manage risks without losing sight of the goals and core mission.
- ~15 % travel to other ByHeart facilities as needed.
- Manage bid process for Capex projects.
- Communicate project timeline and deliverables to leadership team
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated excellence with project management software tools, including Excel, Microsoft Project, Asana, Wrike, Scoro or similar programs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and resourcefulness
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate with contractors, vendors, and leadership team about projects
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferred to have technical degree in engineering or related field.
- 5-8 years of project management and experience in dairy or food processing industries required. Infant formula experience is a plus.
- Project management experience for major CAPEX investment programs, including facility Capex projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform inspection of equipment, and associated processes
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures, follow CGMP's, and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local standards for the manufacture of infant formula and other non-infant nutritional foods.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.