Who we are
AppyWay started out life as AppyParking. An app made to solve the frustration of finding a parking space. To create the award-winning app, the AppyWay team began building up the UK’s largest set of standardised kerbside data, a task that led us to realise the untapped potential lying under everyone’s feet. With a vision for more liveable cities, our obsession turned to the kerb.
Today, AppyWay offers an advanced platform of accurate, standardised data, APIs, and tools for smart kerbside management. We do this through effectively digitizing the kerb, utilizing IoT sensors to establish kerbside demand data, and further enriching this via a wide range of sources such as payment operators, navigation and traffic solutions, mobility and last mile operators, mobile as a service (MaaS) apps, electric vehicle and infrastructure apps, plus a variety of other tools.
Councils like Milton Keynes, Cambridgeshire, Portsmouth, Harrogate, Coventry, Southwark, Cornwall, Dorset and more, ordinary drivers, fleets and logistics firms, use our platform.
AppyWay is backed by a number of leading investors. To date, we have completed a £7.6 million Series A round that drew in blue-chip investors including Sumitomo Corporation, Hyundai Motor Company, and Aviva Ventures, West Hill Capital, and Breed Reply.
We recently announced the launch of a £20 million Series B funding round. This will be used to support organic growth of our platform, strategic acquisitions, further technological investment, and international scalability.
We’re building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
What you will be doing
- Reporting to the Chief Product Officer you will be managing multiple projects from pre-sales to support delivering into local authorities and private technology companies.
- Managing various Data, Analytics, Mapping and Payments projects from scoping through to Go-Live to execute to the highest standards ensuring the company meets revenue targets
- Manage projects, reporting and communication for multiple stakeholders including customers, technical partners and internal teams such as Sales, Product, and Finance
- Manage the hardware supply chain including stock and sensor inventory on related projects.
- Work with the Sales team to help complete tender applications
- Partner with the Sales team to provide pre-sales technical and project consultancy to help win new projects and provide input into the Go/No Go decision making process
- Manage risk including identification, documentation of risks and defining and managing mitigation actions
- Manage customer requirements and change requests to ensure the timely delivery of projects within budget
- Create and manage technical project plans including scoping documents, timelines, schedules, risk and issue registers and action trackers
- Partner closely with Sales, Product and Development teams to ensure cross team alignment.
- Collate feedback and inform the business on product enhancements suggested by customers
- Manage post mortems with stakeholders to ensure best practices whilst continuously improving processes
- Develop, implement and monitor key performance indicators across all aspects of the project management function as well as managing all documents, system and processes
- Work with customers to manage the integration of our data and APIs into their mobile, telematics, navigation or in-car devices and systems
- Ensure exceptional customer service at all times to maintain top quality reputation in the marketplace, as well as maintaining the highest levels of customer retention
What you will have
- A formal project management qualification such as PRINCE2, PMP or Six Sigma
- A solid background working in the private sector delivering projects to the public sector
- A track record of working with a combination of Local Authorities, grant funding bodies such as Innovate UK and private technology companies
- Experience using Aha!, Confluence, JIRA
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience working as a Project Manager
- Experience managing Data, Analytics, Mapping or Payments systems projects
- Knowledge of software release processes working directly with Product Managers
- Previous experience of software integration to third party programs including ticketing barrier, Payment Service Providers and enforcement systems
- Experience of directly managing third party technology providers
- Technical acumen and the ability to understand complex topics
- Demonstrable commercial acumen through budget control, reporting and seeking opportunities to generate further revenue
- Ability to provide clear detailed reporting across 10+ projects to multiple stakeholders
What you would get
- Starting salary: £45,000-£55,000 DOE
- Equity: Share Options after 6 months of employment
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years
- Pension: 3% company contributory
- Perkbox account including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like discounted gym membership, free Cafe Nero coffee and half price cinema tickets
*Our team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Should government guidance change, we will return to our office in Farringdon, London.
No agencies please.