Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology. With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
Unlike other construction companies, Homebound is focused on rebuilding homes for those affected by a natural disaster, as well as straight to construction competitive bid custom homes. The disaster client is much more emotionally charged and tasked with not only rebuilding a home but rebuilding a life. The Project Manager should be prepared to be teammates with not only the internal team but also the homeowner. To be successful in this role you must serve as the client’s main point of contact throughout the design, construction, and turnover process, being the point person serving the client and the community team (e.g., construction, warranty, design studio, insurance and legal).
- Clearly communicate with the client
- Relay timeline expectations with the client and the internal team
- Partner with Design and the pre-Construction to help educate the homeowner on next steps
- Update the technology platform with all scheduling updates in tandem with Area Managers
- Own the project budgets and ensure profitability
- Detailed review of project billing and approve with input from Area Managers
- Set clear and concise expectations with the client that support Homebound’s processes and policies
- Provide client with relevant weekly updates on the status of their project and help answer all questions or concerns they may have
- Create Contracts with accurate scope and assist in accurate project buyout
- Manage the change order process and maintain tight control over changes
- Coordinate all aspects of the project to ensure timely delivery of all deliverables and prevent delays
- 5+ years of Construction Project Management Experience
- Have hands-on experience with full construction life-cycle
- Understand plan submittal and permitting process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects in various stages of development
- Strong Budget and Cost Management ability
- Home Building experience preferred
Who You Are:
- Forward thinker with the desire to innovate and explore new methods
- Get stuff done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes
- Emotionally intelligent
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.