The Discord family is looking for a project manager for our in-house creative team. This role is also responsible for some managing of internal and external creative projects. You will work alongside a team of talented graphic designers, illustrators, and motion designers and you will be interfacing with marketing and other internal teams to brief-in and manage creative projects for both internal and external facing projects from start to finish. You may also high-five some people along the way...virtually.
As a member of the creative team, you’ll help facilitate and guide how we communicate the Discord brand to the world by supporting the creative team to develop engaging content. We are a friendly, collaborative team that focuses on creating high-quality experiences that elevate Discord above everything else. If you love managing projects and working with highly creative people, you’ll fit right in at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Effectively communicate with the creative team and all stakeholders to set priorities, ensure that project milestones expectations are met, and determine team member expectations across departments as well as communicating directly with executives and leadership teams to provide progress updates.
- Ensuring that all projects are completed on time and within budget - reviewing all creative briefs and aligning with cross functional teams to ensure projects are executed from concept to compilation without missing deadlines
- Developing project plans and timeline to ensure that team members understand the expectations. Identifying areas where team members are needed to ensure that project milestones and deliverables are completed according to the schedule.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, marketing, and the creative team, to scope projects, define processes and milestones, and ensure we are shipping content according to required release date.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders
- Assign project tasks based on creative team members' individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Understanding business goals and connecting them with prioritization of incoming project requests
What you should have
- Experience in managing different types of creative projects that involve graphic design, illustration, and animation deliverables
- Experience in managing outsourcing of creative projects with freelancers and agencies
- Excellent organization and time management; able to prioritize large volume of work effectively and efficiently with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working effectively in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- A minimum of 2 years of proven project management experience in an agency, entertainment, gaming, or in-house creative team
- Be a highly organized individual with experience in documenting processes, understanding creative briefs, and a well rounded knowledge of the creative process
- Experience using Asana
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Know how to make creatives happy :
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.