The Project Manager will act as the point person for analytics projects on the Data Platform. They will work with the Platform team and the Uken data organization to solidify processes and structure to ensure complex projects are delivered according to quality standards. This role will manage relationships with the other teams while balancing timelines, priorities, scope and resources.
You'll be working on meaningful things like:
- Collecting requirements from the Product and Engineering departments, organizing and managing all phases of a project to ensure completion within timelines and scope
- Elevating overall team output by distilling requirements into actionable instructions for software engineers that are accurate and contain the right amount of context
- Developing project plans by identifying all necessary resources and outlining detailed schedules for implementation
- Understanding and communicating project objectives to all team members; ensuring task designation and role requirements are clearly defined
- Ongoing and consistent communication with the multiple teams of the data org, keeping them informed of project progress; explaining setbacks, changes and/or risks
- Escalating project issues to the CTO that cannot be completed within agreed upon service levels and timelines
- Maintaining awareness of all outstanding issues both pre and post project delivery and provide status updates to teams
- Compiling, maintaining, and filing all records, reports, and other documents as required
Your background should include:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager in a tech company or related industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role
- Knowledge of different types of agile (Kanban and Scrum preferred) as well as other SDLC methodologies
- Deep understanding of Analytics/Data systems is preferred
- Software development experience with engineering teams on a variety of projects is an asset
- Proven track record of being a force multiplier for engineers by streamlining their work
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills; ability to rally teams behind a shared goal and get everyone pulling in the same direction
- Experience taking responsibility for keeping projects on track, use of JIRA and checking in with team members to ensure timelines are met
- Ability to manage concurrent projects and track information to evaluate success and progress
We believe in fun and meaningful work environment:
- You’ll be equipped with a high-end laptop, monitor, and mobile device
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast and a snack filled kitchen
- Uken social nights including social mixer, games night and more....
- Convenient location at the corner of John & Front St.
Note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this role will begin as a work from home position. When the office re-opens, the position will be located at our 15 John St. studio.
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month.
We consider ourselves data driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and leaves them wanting more. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
We take entertainment seriously.
Uken welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who would contribute to the further diversification of our team.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]