Ampirical is an electrical transmission and distribution engineering company that provides comprehensive customer support from project conception to design engineering project management and construction.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning direction coordination and budgeting usually through subordinate supervisory personnel all activities concerned with the engineering and design of high voltage substation projects.
- Manage relationships with alliance clients.
- Lead a team of Design and Construction Engineers in the execution of Substation projects from initiation of the project through close out.
- Manage Engineering and EPC project budgets ranging from $250K - $50 million
- Manage project schedules and deliverables to meet external customer goals.
- Manage the development of project proposals, bid preparation, project schedules, bill of materials, etc. for assigned Substation projects.
- Interface with all internal and external stakeholders affected by the project including project team, management team, end users, governmental/regulatory agencies, and vendors.
- Report project status weekly and monthly to upper management. Monthly reports require comprehensive cost reviews and projections.
- Travel to client sites/field/vendor facilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the engineering/design of electrical systems within the Utilities or Energy Industries.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing projects, delegation of work, directing others, and planning of substation projects.
- Active California PE, or ability to acquire a California PE within one year of employment, is highly preferred.
- Advanced organizational skills required to manage multiple complex transmission line projects ensuring safety cost schedule scope and quality is met.
- Superior interpersonal skills needed to operate within a matrix environment.
- Outstanding leadership skills required to build and motivate project teams.
- Exceptional communication skills are necessary when called upon to represent the project in regulatory hearings interfacing with internal & external stakeholders and reviewing project with management and customers.
- Excellent computer system skills required for cost and schedule reporting (Primavera Excel Word PowerPoint etc…).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Ampirical offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision; STD, LTD, 401K; life insurance, gym stipend, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays; two weeks’ vacation; flexible work schedule (to possibly include every other Friday off) and more. This is an opportunity to join Ampirical on the ground floor of its California division. Great opportunity for advancement; outstanding opportunity for career growth.
Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at the link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a job...https://youtu.be/ilneslhRWWY