Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date, is based in Oakland, California and Dallas,Texas with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
The main function of this position is to safeguard the company and its assets. In addition, this position will apply standardized accounting principles to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management. Currently this is a temporary position with the strong possibility of permanent hire.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain balance sheet schedules and prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation and entry of monthly journal entries for close out purposes
- Timely and accurate posting of all cash entries.
- Review profit and loss statements at month end to validate all items are coded correctly
- Maintains and coordinates accounting control procedures
- Responsible for communicating with the property managers to relay any necessary financial information.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis
- Review of Operations month end close
- Troubleshoot/Investigate any unexplained expenditures
- Review and approve weekly/bi-weekly check runs
- Ad Hoc reports as requested by Management and Owners
What You Bring With You:
- MUST HAVE – Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills
- MUST HAVE - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Equivalent Experience (1-3 Years)
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager & Single Family Homes Property Management (a plus)
- Able to adapt to changing deadlines
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Great Analytical Skills
- Works well in a team but also individually motivated
- Ability to see the big picture
- Attention to detail and multitasking
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized and able to manage work flows to meet deadlines
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.