SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Propulsion Test Engineer
The Merlin production team is looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to merge rigorous aerospace testing requirements with highly reliable and efficient industrial automation methods. This individual will be responsible for design and implementation of automated test hardware and/or software with a focus on reliability, maintainability, and ease of use.
• Work with design engineers to define test criteria and production operation requirements.
• Design automated test equipment to meet test goals and operational requirements.
• Work majority or all aspects of design and analysis of automated test equipment, including but not limited to: structural components, high pressure gas/fluid systems, thermal control systems, instrumentation/electronics, and software.
• Manage automated test equipment projects from initial concept to final validation and hand-off to operational teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or electrical engineering.
• 1+ year professional or internship experience in a test focused engineering role.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Master's Degree in a technical discipline.
• Proven history of driving projects from concept to completion.
• Experience with CAD and FEA software.
• Experience with Allen Bradley Rockwell industrial controllers.
• Experience with electronic/fluid schematic design software such as Visio or EPLAN.
• Experience with printed circuit board (PCB) design.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and database architecture.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of software and programming fundamentals.
• Familiarity with electronic circuit design/analysis.
• Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.