Refinery29 is looking for an energetic, motivated and team-oriented superstar interested in Public Relations and Communications to join our team as an intern for the Fall 2016 season, starting immediately.
As the PR intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience in a fast-paced, creative environment. You'll get to interact with Refinery29 spokespeople, members of the media, vendors and brands as they relate to all things public relations.
You are our ideal candidate if you: have strategic media relations know-how (especially at a company similar to Refinery29), are an independent worker, have the best organizational skills of anyone you know, love to think creatively, and you’re not afraid to speak up with a fresh idea. You are a lover of all things digital, know the media landscape like the back of your hand, and are up to speed on who the newest and coolest tastemakers are in the fashion and lifestyle space. Before the internship is over, you will have worked on several big Refinery29 initiatives, events, and projects and will walk away with some serious skills on all things communications.
- Press tracking and organization of press reports and recaps
- Media outreach and coordination
- Assist in drafting weekly PR newsletter
- Contributing to pitch and partnership ideas
- Building and researching new media contacts and lists
- Media relations, including drafting pitches, outreach and list coordination
- Research and maintain a master calendar of on-going awards, conferences and applicable events
- Event support, including building guest lists and working on-site
- Assist in building communications collateral, such as one-sheets and media briefing documents
This job is for YOU if...
- You are available a minimum of 3 full days per week
- You have had previous PR and media relations experience at a minimum of two extracurricular jobs or internships
- You are in your third or final year in a four-year undergraduate program, or out of school (required)
- You are able to attend events that take place outside of regular work hours (where applicable)
- You are a proactive problem-solver -- you can Google with the best of them and aren't afraid to dig a little for an answer or solution
- You are self-motivated & communicative
- You are able to work independently when necessary and troubleshoot any issues that arise, but not afraid to reach out when you need more guidance or clarity
- You are a strong writer and enjoy inventing story ideas
- You love interacting with people, whether that is over the phone, email, social media or at events
- You are detail and results oriented - ie. lists, spreadsheets, editing and recap reports excite you
- You are dependable and able to effectively manage your time
- You love to consume media and have a deep knowledge of the landscape - websites, blogs, magazines, newspapers, broadcast and beyond
- You stay on top of trends in fashion, beauty, lifestyle, design, music, and more
- You are always willing to pitch in for any task - large, small or administrative
- You have experience using Google applications, proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Keynote