About the Role
The primary purpose of this role is to support the regional procurement teams by managing the Source-To-Pay (STP) process that is critical to delivery of projects, building openings, servicing Enterprise Sales demands, and some limited special project support to daily operations to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
This role will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and the timely execution of Purchase orders from pre-selected, pre-approved vendors to meet a project schedule. The role will involve working with the design teams (and other requisitioners) to determine the list of items (SKU’s) required for each project and deciding on the most efficient supply chain approach to meet the project schedule. This role will take requests and then create Purchase Orders. This role will be instrumental in ensuring accurate information is available in a timely manner to support the communication and coordination efforts between vendors, local service providers/installers and the project team. The role will have a regional impact on project delivery and collaboration by evaluating, brainstorming, and implementing effective and efficient processes to improve the quality and timeline of our projects. This role will involve leading and mentoring a team of purchasing leads. It will require a commitment to understanding and learning about the past and present processes while proactively streamlining future processes.
- At a Manager Level, responsibilities will include end to end ownership of the Purchasing processes within the business, including improvements, automation and cross departmental efficiencies.
- Cross functional management of purchasing and collaboration with business stakeholders and other internal disciplines.
- Coordination of local, domestic and international logistics as necessary, including trade compliance and oversight of deliveries to ISP/Site.
- Manage STP process for all FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment) for both new building openings, Sales inquiries, and related Day 2 works that fall under the Product org. scope of responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Design counterparts to ensure project FF&E orders don’t exceed budget restraints
- Manage STP process for ICT (Equipment, Installation Services, Outsourced project management) along with Project Teams and IT support as an embedded procurement resource to enable ICT to be implemented.
- Coordinate and assist in managing vendor relationships through professional communication, execute accurate purchase orders and ensure all vendor contracts and pricing are maintained and accurate scheduling is provided
- Organize and prioritise project schedules and ordering for maximum effectiveness and taking consideration of any sense of urgency
- Manage the local installers to ensure timely communication, installation and quality of service and installations
- Act as a point of liaison and escalation between the Procurement Managers, Vendors, Project Managers and Local installers when problems arise
- Work closely with local service providers to resolve inventory discrepancies and improve inventory accuracy on a project by project basis.
- Implement creative contingency solutions when orders are delayed or damaged
- Track orders from supplier to site and expedite as appropriate with vendors to ensure timely delivery
- Liaise with internal accounting teams to reconcile all project inventory post opening
- Demonstrate procurement knowledge to understand the requirements and specifications needed to effectively source-specific goods and services within an expedited time frame from pre-approved, pre-vetted vendors
- Apply knowledge of procurement technology and WeWork databases to determine where existing agreements and supplier relationships may be leveraged in specific markets to improve quality and timeliness of the supply chain
- Identify and implement improvements to drive more automation and efficiency in process and reporting
- Act as liaison with Design, Construction, Building Openings, and Project Delivery personnel in each project team to collectively identify demand and incorporate them into procurement activity.
- Work with project teams to identify vendor feedback and communicate issues to the Regional Procurement Manager
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance, Supply Chain Management, or business related field
- 6+ years purchasing experience preferably within a global organization
- 3+ years experience leading a team
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good teamwork skills to work across departments to plan and execute enhancement, upgrade, and on-going deployment of technology or process improvements
- Strong facilitation skills to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders across the company to implement new processes.
- Demonstrated success in gathering data, conducting analyses, and generating high-quality outputs
- Experience with the process, quality control, and workflow management and design preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Preferred to have an understanding of leading P2P technology practices and trends