Python Backend Developer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Recommend, design & implement our deployment systems and infrastructure.
- Support highly available systems in production environments (PagerDuty)
- Measure and improve every aspect of development ecosystems, specifically addressing Time to Detect, Time to Respond, feedback delay.
- Improve our continuous deployment process, getting changes rolled out faster and with confidence. Automate every error-prone process.
- Improve our configuration management so our systems can be restored from versioned configurations in an automated way.
- Tune our systems to get maximum performance and bang for the buck.
- Lead, coach, and grow our Python practice by bridging Dev, Ops and QA.
- Become and stay an expert in current and emerging technologies and tools.
This role description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Professional experience in object-oriented design and coding in Python
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Security, and Quality.
- Be proficient with Git.
- Are happy with virtualization, fluent in Linux, knowledgeable in security, familiar with Docker.
- Can write a bash one-liner for anything, but know when not to.
- Love to leave things better than you found them.
- Like to treat operations as if it's a software problem.
- Love to automate anything you do more than twice.
- Can’t go to sleep if the system going to prod is not graphed.
- You don't just use the code, you contribute.
- Are a great communicator, not at all like the stereotypical geek.
- Practical and recent experience as an individual contributor in a software development team
- Know the pros and cons of all the technology trends in your field.
- Make excellent informed decisions and know when to ask for advice.
- Know your way around the entire stack, you just prefer DevOps.
- Have a great sense of humor.
- Permanent Contract
- Multi Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
Equal opportunity employer
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.