We’re looking for a backend engineer to come and join our team, to help us build upon and improve our pipeline.
About the Role:
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our team. You will work within a small development team to help build upon existing systems and contribute to the on-going performance improvements of our product pipeline.
- Being proficient in Python
- Previous experience working in Django, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, AWS, Docker, ReactJS
- Being able to communicate clearly and humbly share ideas with everyone on the team.
- Write readable code that is well tested and robust in production
- An understanding of API design and how different components within a distributed architecture fit together.
- Have a curious mindset and actively want to learn
- Previous experience of working in a product-led team.
- You will need to be able to contribute to every part of our system, tests, documentation, as well as code and process.
Closing Date for applications: 9th October 2019
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Time off. You get 29 days throughout the year.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning and development, so all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Sports and exercise. We have regular yoga classes, table tennis, 5-a-side football and netball to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Team meet-ups. We get together twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally
- Social events. Join in with board games or film nights, or start something new! You’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.