Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Here's a little data on us you might find interesting:
- 50+ engineers and data scientists
- 5M duplicated products detected and merged using product image features (http://www.slideshare.net/ejlbell/fashion-productdeduplication)
- 300k online recommendation model updates per day (http://developers.lyst.com/data/2014/11/11/word-embeddings-for-fashion/)
- 72k crowd-sourced labels generated per day
- 40k product gender classifications per day via deep learning
- 500k recommended products per day
- 120 EC2, 8 RDS, 7 ElastiCache and 10 Redshift instances
- our internal analytics system collects ~100M data points/day
...and a team that…
- ~10 deployments/day
- 40+ merged pull requests/day
- 20k lines of change/week
- Lots of open source projects - https://github.com/lyst and https://github.com/SSAW
- Get invited to talk at great events (PyCon, Europython, PyData etc)
- feature toggling and A/B testing
As a lead engineer in the SEO team, you’ll be working on both the backend and frontend. The team’s mission is to bring as many customers to our core domains via a search engine. We are continuously evolving our core product with this in mind. We are making changes to improve the way search engines can discover and rank as many pages as possible from our website. The work closely with SEO analysts to implement enhancements and advise on the feasibility of those.
What will you be working on?
- Linking architecture within our site of > 10 million pages
- Controlling crawl configuration of search engine bots
- Provide tooling to support unique content across thousands of pages
- Page speed optimizations
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Shipper, RDS, Redis, SQS, SNS, Redshift
- Collaborating with product managers
Things that matter to us:
- Python: (probably about 80-90% of your day to day!!) - a lot of our service dependencies are written in Python and we're big fans of Django as well!
- Mobile first - lyst.* is a responsive site and the mobile web experience is hugely important to us both in terms of functionality and performance
- Progressive enhancement - not because we expect people to disable JS but because we believe this makes you build a better product. Speaking of…
- Tooling - we’re currently using Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Mocha, and a whole load more… we’re always evaluating what we use to improve our work
- Build your own profile and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme
- Company pension (up to 3% matching)
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Time off. You get 29 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest, 7 of which have to be taken when the office is closed over Christmas. There’s also the 8 public bank holidays too.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning and development, so all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Sports and exercise. We have regular yoga classes, table tennis, 5-a-side football and netball to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Team meet-ups. We get together twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally
- Social events. Join in with board games or film nights, or start something new! You’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved