Data and human connection come together in our mission to bring communities together to collaborate and solve Social Determinants of Health – a career at TAVHealth (a subsidiary of Signify Health) is a career with purpose. Our employees are empathic, passionate, confident, innovative change agents who aren’t afraid to take risks and also have fun.
As QA Engineer, you will report to a Senior QA Engineer and work closely with product teams to ensure that applications are thoroughly tested and ready to be released into production. You will be responsible for manual and automated testing, creating tickets when defects are identified, and working closely with the other engineers to create highly functional and effective applications. The QA Engineer is responsible for writing test scripts and using automation tools to facilitate rapid and accurate identification of regression and system integration issues.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, and you are interested in realizing TAVHealth’s mission to “Turn Your Town into a Team”, contact us to learn more!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of QA experience with web applications
- Experience with automated browser-based testing platforms such as Selenium, Cypress, or Puppeteer
- Experience with Groovy and Grails or similar platforms is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in agile development
- Software Development/Management - Ability to design, write, test, debug/troubleshoot, and maintain the source code of computer programs and to manage and maintain software in an organization.
- Creativity - Demonstrates creativity and innovation in developing solutions to improve organizational, individual, and group outcomes; suggest creative options to handle situations; challenges others to identify creative approaches to problems; creatively illustrates customer processes in a simple, concise, and compelling way.
- Critical Listening - Makes a concerted effort to listen to what people are saying and what they are trying to say; thinks carefully before responding and avoids jumping to conclusions; asks thoughtful questions to elicit more information; maintains positive and supportive demeanor to allow meaningful conversation.
- Project Management - Has knowledge of fundamental PM processes, methodologies, and tools and techniques and ability to adapt them into the organization. The ability to gain influence and respect of stakeholders and management by demonstrating the linkage between the organization’s business goals and the project.
- Technical Prowess/SME - Ability to quickly get to know our products, processes, and business needs to a sufficient level to drive projects, improvements, and enhancements.
- Write and maintain automated test scripts that perform system integration and regression testing for web applications
- Document and perform manual testing of web applications
- Document and report defects when they are identified
- Play an active role in improving the build process and release planning
- Research and document the root cause for issues and help identify problem areas
- Work to improve software quality assurance policies and processes
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and internal users
- Manage JIRA issues and work with the development team to resolve
- Working on a regular basis in the Austin office
- Occasional travel to San Antonio and other cities nationwide
- Frequent remote collaboration with colleagues in other cities
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with people to address their needs, and being a partner in achieving good health
Opportunities provided by TAV
A dynamic culture of "Freedom and Responsibility" which means:
- We believe in horizontal collaboration and not vertical chains of command
- We hire extraordinary colleagues who thrive in an environment based on our Guiding Values
- We honor and recognize when an employee exemplifies one of our Guiding Values
- Variety of health plans to meet the needs of all employees
- 401k match
- 3 day on-boarding sessions giving new hires an opportunity to meet their new colleagues and TAV leadership