At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride-sharing industry. We constantly innovate and incorporate cutting-edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched.
The Quality Associate will be an important part of driving software quality initiatives at Lyft. You will schedule and participate in internal testing events, collaborate closely with product feature teams as they develop new features, and ensure every release happens on time without regression.
- Plan, create, and execute tests for validating Lyft’s mobile apps
- Build, update and maintain Test Plans for small to medium sized projects
- Log defects in Lyft bug tracking system and triage them with the product teams
- Partner with others in the Quality and Development teams to improve existing processes
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders on progress of testing
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Mobile testing experience
- Intermediate or higher level of English
- Strong experience in developing and documenting test plan, test cases and reporting bugs for complex features
- Strong understanding of the client-server model
- Server API testing (Postman or similar)
- Web app testing. Strong knowledge of browser Developer tools, understanding site layout
- Experience in using HTTP proxy tools - Chrales, Fiddler
- Experience in working with Android Studio, Xcode - fetch logs, run builds. Understanding code is a plus. Ability to troubleshoot the testing ecosystem
- Git - understand concept, navigate between branches
- Understanding of Test Design technique and ability to apply it
- Test automation experience or desire to learn it is a plus
- Experience of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams is a plus
- The opportunity to work with the smartest engineers in the industry.
- Professional and stable working environment.
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- English classes with native speakers.
- Corporate events.
- Family building benefits.
- 28 calendar days for vacation and up to 10 paid days off.
- Spacious office facing the National Library.