Public Goods' mission is to make premium-quality, healthy and sustainable products more accessible. We value the environment, and we believe that together our small choices can make a big impact.
It is an exciting time to join Public Goods. We are a small team, so you will have opportunities to make an unprecedented impact on defining the future of the business. We value diversity and inclusion, and we welcome people from different backgrounds and perspectives.
What you will do:
- Provide PD with the specific standards and protocols that apply to developments in each category
- Support the approval process on new products and changes to existing products
- Qualify new manufacturers and ingredient/packaging suppliers through an audit of their facilities and/or evaluation of their capabilities and business practices
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Review new and existing labels for compliance with Federal and State labeling regulations, while supporting package design to be brand consistent and customer friendly.
- Collect and organize product & vendor documents
- Manage vendor audits and ESG compliance.
- Manage 3rd party production inspections (e.g. V-trust)
- Manage Independent Lab/Product Testing (confirmation of claimed ingredients)
- Quality improvements in packing (pick and pack operation)
- Ensure product traceability from production to consumer
- Set up recall program and mock recalls
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality leader in CPG or food production
- Demonstrated strengths in written and verbal communication, project management, and translating technical data to any audience
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes to follow federal, state, and local regulations
- A strong understanding of quality systems, structured problem solving, and a desire for continuous improvement across your supplier base
- Knowledge of product and food labeling (USDA, FDA, FTC, EPA, State)
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously and requires limited day-to-day supervision and guidance on handling unique situations
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package salary + equity.
- 100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision/telemedicine services for employees
- Public Goods lifetime membership and monthly credits to both Public Goods and a monthly stipend for books of your choice!