QA Specialist - Android
Current is a U.S. Mobile Bank and one of the fastest growing fintechs with over 1.5 million members. Headquartered in NYC, we're focused on creating better financial outcomes for people and their unique lives. Our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empowers everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our members' financial lives.
About the role
Current is looking for an exceptional Mobile Quality Assurance Specialist to help support our robust product development team. The QA Specialist will be responsible for the execution of integration, system, and regression testing of software. Under the supervision of the product team, you will define, document, analyze, execute and interpret functional tests for new software features. This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup, and to take on a critical role in the release of high-quality consumer products.
- Work at the center of the product, customer support, and engineering teams to understand current features, future features, and day to day customer feedback.
- Design test plans, scenarios, and/or procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Perform test execution, take care of initial debugging procedures, and capture results.
- Write clear and effective bug reports
- Assess launch readiness of feature based on test results
- Assess customer feedback and evaluate then prioritize severity of potential software issues
- Be an advocate and standard bearer for best in class software
- You are extremely detail oriented. You enjoy taking on complex tasks and breaking them down in tangible actions.
- You are savvy and passionate about software. You are technical in your outlook, and are comfortable dealing with new technical challenges.
- You are analytical. You are able to dig into data and draw actionable insights. You are comfortable tying your actions to key business metrics.
- You love working in teams and are not afraid of a little pressure.
- Familiarity with:
- Java and/or Kotlin programming languages
- UI Automation testing on Android using Espresso
- Task management systems such as Jira
- Http, Rest and or GraphQL
- Test case management such as TestRail
- 2+ years of working in relevant space
- Experience working with a start-up or fast moving work environment a plus
- Experience working in a data-driven business environment is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Commuter Benefits