If you are a creative problem-solver who enjoys facilitating cross-team communication and collaboration amidst gathering and analyzing detailed functional requirements, then the Technical Business Analyst role at Interactive Strategies is for you. Everything we do centers around providing our clients with deep strategic thinking mixed with lasting technology solutions.
As our new Technical Business Analyst, you will work with a talented team of account managers, designers, developers and digital marketers to create the technical components of our web projects, including carefully documenting functional and technical requirements and providing QA oversight. Your experience evaluating, coordinating, and creating deliverables will be critical to educating our clients and laying the foundation for our internal teams to collaborate. Plus, you'll be doing it for exciting and meaningful clients who want to push boundaries with innovative design, e-commerce, data, and BI Integrations.
- Manage the business requirements process, coordinating with the client and internal teams to define, clarify and finalize requirements for Web applications:
- Establish requirements delivery and review schedules.
- Perform critical analysis on information consolidated from multiple sources; identify and resolve conflicts, and break down high-level information into detailed, workable technical requirements for development teams.
- Create user-interface flow diagrams that help visually demonstrate system architecture and requirements.
- Develop documentation that effectively translates proposed wireframes into detailed functional requirements.
- Serve as a cross-check during the development of wireframes to ensure they do not pose undue technical challenges later in the development process.
- Coordinate activities and tasks through Confluence and HIRA, including scrum master tasks and other best practices constructed during agile development.
- Manage integration testing, user acceptance testing (UAT) and functionality testing,
- Review development deliverables to ensure they meet requirements and quality standards.
- Validate and resolve UAT issues with the development team.
- Report progress of QA tasks to the project team.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
While we value your analyst skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally important. Therefore, we're looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Strategic. You understand communication is at the heart of creating a positive client experience and can maneuver through challenging situations with ease.
- Creative. You bring passion to your work and find creative ways to problem-solve with clients.
- Intuitive. You're someone with that canny ability to always think one step ahead and avoid problems before they happen.
- Confident. You're friendly, professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team, running meetings or making client presentations.
- Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
- Friendly. You're a breath of fresh air. You work well with the team. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You're also a great listener.
We're looking for someone with talent and a passion for technical analysis and requirements for development who has the following:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in writing technical requirements.
- 5+ years of experience working on complex web development projects and providing QA testing.
- 5+ years of experience with content-management systems, such as Drupal, Sitecore or WordPress.
- 4+ years of experience with development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, etc.)
- Extremely proficient in JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Axure highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to describe the technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and create innovative solutions to complex technology problems.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work across multiple projects and multi-task while still meeting deadlines.
- Extremely detail-oriented with a strong passion for your work.
- Curiosity to learn about new web technologies.
- Desire to seek professional development opportunities and participate in the broader technology community.
We have a simple motto when it comes to company culture, "Everyone deserves to come to work and be happy." This means a few things: (1) we care as much about quality as we do about budgets, (2) we find the strengths in each employee and nurture them, (3) we encourage a culture that values innovation and creative freedom, and (4) we want you to have fun while you're at the office. We may be an agency, but we understand that you have a life outside of work.
- Company-paid health, vision and dental insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Profit sharing
- 3+ weeks of vacation/sick time from day one; 4+ weeks after year 3
- 2 additional days of personal leave
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- New business referral bonus
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Pre-tax DC Metro SmartBenefits
A little about us
We're a well-respected interactive agency in downtown Washington DC, known for deep strategic thinking. We strive to cultivate a collaborative, innovative environment where people feel valued, respected, and free to push creative boundaries - all while finding balance between work, home, and life outside the office.