Data Solutions is building a team to expand our StrongLink software. StrongLink is a disruptive technology which brings the power of metadata and machine learning to autonomous data management across heterogeneous storage platforms. Our customers have discovered that StrongLink can reduce storage costs and complexity to manage big data environments.
We strive for excellence and seek like minded individuals to join our team. We are seeking bright, passionate individuals who want to work on new and disruptive technologies, and who enjoys dynamic environment where they can directly impact that next generation technology. If you enjoy challenges in a fast pace company, we welcome your application.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will develop and execute automated tests for our software-defined data and storage, large scale, distributed system management solution. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and execute automated test plans and test cases for a comprehensive test suite and high quality product delivery, identify test cases for regression testing and proactively reducing test escapes. Test automation coverage includes continuous development and maintenance of the test suite for newly integrated and maintenance of existing features. Experience developing automated tests in a Linux environment using Python is required for this position.
- Develop automated tests using Python
- Integrate automated tests into a CI/CD system
- Research and analyze product requirements and designs to define test plans and procedures. These plans must cover product installation, feature verification, usability, performance and release integrity
- Execute automated and manual test cases based on test plans to ensure product readiness, stability, and robustness
- Identify, analyze, and clearly document problems found during testing. Work software development to isolate and troubleshoot issues and verify solutions
- Participate in developing and delivering on strategies to maintain an effective, efficient, productive overall test environment and team
- Correctly scope, estimate time and deliver on schedule automated test case development and execution
- Reproduce customer reported issues and verify fixes.
- Identify and implement test cases required for regression testing and prevention critical test escapes
- Experience with QA methodology and and QA validations to ensure Quality
- 2+ years Python test automation experience
- Demonstrated experience analyzing test scenarios and verifying requirements are correct and complete
- Various types of product testing experience (unit, integration, functional, system, regression, performance, reliability)
- Experience with shell scripting
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills
- Proficiency working in Linux environments
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with various types of databases preferred
- Experience with REST API’s preferred
- Experience with Subversion or other source control
- Solid understanding of software development processes and lifecycle
- SBDS offers a comprehensive benefits package