Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Quality Engineer fluent in Japanese to join its Quality Assurance department. A successful candidate would be part of the QA team for Wolfram|Alpha to ensure that current standards are consistently met and each new release raises the bar of quality.
An ideal candidate would be inquisitive, enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously, have keen attention to detail, have experience with technical and/or scientific Japanese and be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker. This position requires the candidate to have strong communication skills in both English and Japanese for interaction with cross-functional teams while also possessing the ability to look at the same problem from different perspectives.
- Filing, verifying and closing bugs found during testing or during the regression analysis phase
- Utilizing a custom bug-reporting system to ensure the correct developer is assigned to each task
- Updating and supplementing existing test cases by comprehensively testing new features added for Wolfram Language test execution and review
- Verifying fixes are in place
- Developing, maintaining and proving software quality assurance procedures and tools
- Reviewing features to determine testing approaches, and creating comprehensive software quality assurance test plans
- Planning and estimating test development cycles, in coordination with the software quality assurance manager and developers
- Collaborating with developers to ensure that the testing requirements are clear and the test plan is thorough
- Evaluating and recommending manual and automated test tools, techniques and methodologies
- Fluent Japanese and English written and oral communication skills
- Experience in technical and/or scientific Japanese
- Familiarity with different operating systems, including Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics or a related technical or quantitative field
- Experience with the Wolfram Language, Java and Python
- Experience in source control systems such as Git, Stash and CVS
- Experience working in Workbench/Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience using project-tracking tools such as Jira
- Experience using build and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in software development cycles and testing methodologies
Location: Japan (Remote)
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.