Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
Do you enjoy hunting for bugs? Do you get annoyed when things don’t work the way they should? Quality Assurance Trainees get to work as members of our game development teams and work closely with the team’s developers, the QA Lead and other QA professionals in our studios, making sure our games provide the best possible experience for our players.
- Testing the games/software to ensure they are of good quality before being released
- Providing timely and accurate quality visibility to the QA lead and the development team
- Doing testing, including functional, exploratory, usability, compatibility, compliance, performance, localization, or other types of testing as needed
- Reporting issues to bug tracking system, verifying fixed issues
- Following test plans and test cases and get to contribute in overall game development activities
- Setting up test environments and working with internal testing and development tools
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Passion for games
- Interest in quality assurance and testing as a profession
- Familiar with different gaming platforms, especially on mobile (iOS and Android)
- Experience in game testing (e.g. actual projects and/or Beta testing)
- Experience in bug reporting
- Analytical mindset and troubleshooting skills
- High attention to detail
- Ready to learn new processes and technologies
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills - written and spoken English is essential!
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and teamwork skills
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Experience of Rovio games
- Experience of programming or scripting
- Relevant studies or a degree
- You will meet the hiring manager. We want to know who you are, your knowledge and skill, and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet wider QA team members How you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, and where we can help you develop.
If you’re interested, we look forward to hearing from you soon! Please send us your CV and cover letter by 18 February 2021. We will start interviewing as soon as possible.
Refer to the Trainee FAQ
for any questions you may have. If you have other questions, send us an email to recruitment(at)rovio.com. We don't accept applications sent to this email address.
Note: The duration of this position is from 3 to 5 months usually from May to September, full-time. Depending on the candidate's availability and the team's needs, start date and duration vary. We don’t provide relocation assistance or support in acquiring a work visa if you’re from abroad. You can learn more about the traineeship experience here