INGENIA | Talent Solutions has been retained to assist Ingeteam on the search & selection of a Quality Control Manager, based in Milwaukee, WI
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER WORKING FOR INGETEAM
Would you like to become a part of a leading engineering organization? Based in Milwaukee, WI, Ingeteam is an exciting company specialized in highly-engineered renewable energy equipment and services. We are looking for a Quality Control Manager responsible for developing, planning, promoting and directing the quality control program and team to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established policies, practices, procedures and standards. You will oversee the quality management system, supplier quality and compliance to environmental, health and safety, standards. You will…
• Join a dynamic company - enjoy a hands-on, challenging job, in an open communication culture where good ideas are considered despite who generates them
• Learn & Grow – Ingeteam is an innovative, successful company with a track record of 75 years; you will become even a better engineer, and will be able to progress in an international environment
• Contribute to a growth story - North America is the key market to foster Ingeteam’s growth.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Overall: As a Quality Control Manager you will be responsible for developing, planning, promoting and directing the quality control program and team to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established policies, practices, procedures and standards. You will oversee the quality management system, supplier quality and compliance to environmental, health and safety, standards. Going more granular, you will…
- Technical aspects of the quality management system
o Orchestrating effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system
o Performing ISO9001 internal audits of processes and procedures
o Performing capability and gauge studies on both new and existing products
o Ensuring compliance with the customer requirements, quality policy, company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Internal, external and third party audit process, scheduling and coordinating efforts regarding:
o Suppliers audit - to ensure compliance with processes and procedures
o Plant audit – to ensure quality management systems and processes
o Audit findings presentations to top management – including corrective action issuance requests and performance of follow up actions to prevent reoccurrence of deficiency.
- Process improvement and lean/cost reduction initiatives
o Reviewing and analyzing process data results for continuous improvement
o Using automotive concepts and standards (LPA, PFMI, CPAP, ISOTS) to improve quality policies and procedures
o Capturing opportunities for improvement driven from employee feedback
- Goals & objectives setting and monitoring for the quality department, with direction from VP and HQ
o Developing and managing quality metrics and KPI’s (FPY, scrap, etc)
o Analyzing and report on metrics and developing continuous improvement activities.
- Quality control staff of Indar Business Unit
o Developing, directing and overseeing the team
o Ensuring tasks of department are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management and environmental, health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Supplier quality - ensuring incoming and outgoing parts, materials and completed units meet customer and quality standards
- Non-conforming system- implementing corrective actions and developing ways to improve process
- Corrective action system - responding to and resolving any customer or supplier complaints or issues, regarding quality of products, components processes or procedures
- Quality processes validation - establishing product specifications and quality attributes: measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
PROVIDE SUPPORT TO
- Manufacturing, in all areas, including processes/procedures, product defects or product testing
o Conduct initial product qualification/validation runs for new or existing products or processes.
o Develop and implement quality and inspection plan and ISO requirements
o Monitor quality of incoming and outgoing materials and product
- Quality, Production and Supply Chain - to continuously improve company procedures and to improve the company metrics: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Purchasing - to establish quality requirements for external suppliers
- Headquarters - to ensure quality plan and goals and objectives are being achieved.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of work experience in a quality assurance role
- Experience developing / maintaining quality systems, implementing corrective actions and resolving customer complaints
- 2+ years of management experience
- Automotive environment
- Lean Manufacturing and 6S principles & tools
- Team Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality / Industrial / Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering or other related degree [Equivalent combination of education and experience, in lieu of degree]
- Quality systems and standards (ISO 9001 and 14001)
- Environmental, Health & Safety standards (OSHA)
- Automotive manufacturing concepts & standards
- ERP system (preferably, SAP)
- Advanced user of QA software and MS Office
- Statistical modelling
People & Relationships
- Communicative - can maintain relationships; prefers working in a team communicates openly with others, at all levels;
- Supportive - Helpful towards other people; develops and encourages others; devotes time to helping people in difficulties; enjoys giving and meeting other people's needs
Tasks & Projects
- Conscientious - follows rules set down for their work, honors any promises, deadline or commitments made; believes in ethics and values
- Methodical - Believes in methodical and procedural approaches; plans and organizes tasks; structures own work efficiently; gives due attention to accuracy
Drives & Emotions
- Decisive & Action oriented - Has a high level of energy and stamina; gets things done; makes rapid decisions even when short of information; enjoys risk and a fast pace of work
- Achievement Oriented - Motivated by achievement, with a high ambition to succeed; thrives on competition
OTHER RELEVANT TRAITS
- Collaborating with others - orientation towards collaborating effectively with others to achieve goals. Recognizes the importance of consulting with others and harnessing the views of the wider team
- Ambition - shows long term ambition to succeed and fulfill potential despite challenges
- Learning & Improving – Focus on learning new ways of working and improving approaches to meet goals. Learns from feedback and experience
OUR CULTURE IN A NUTSHELL
- Roll your sleeves – hands on culture. People get dirty to get things done
- Promote new ideas – think outside the box
- Client orientation – we are solution providers
This job has been filled or removed by Ingenia Talent Solutions.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Quality Control Manager - Milwaukee - Ingeteam job post.