Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Quality Technician to join our team, in Fremont, CA. In this role, you will inspect and test inbound, in-process and outbound parts and subsystems of Velo 3D laser powder bed fusion printers and participate in prototype and pilot build and qualification of new products.
- Inspect inbound material and products to defined quality specifications
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform quality inspections across all stages of production.
- Develop and maintain inspection reports
- Report potential quality problems and take preventative action.
- Partaking in developing and establishing quality processes and metrics.
- Own a subset of quality data and metrics as part of the quality organization's KPIs.
- Prepare and maintain test data for review
- Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing standard
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of quality technician experience in an ISO9001 manufacturing environment building hardware products.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical assembly drawings, plumbing and instrumentation documentation.
- Working knowledge of how to navigate PLM and QMS systems (Agile preferred)
- Understanding and demonstration of professional assembly techniques and use of related tools.
- Experience using hand tools for mechanical and electrical inspection is required (torque drivers, feeler gauges, calipers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc)
- Experience with PCB testing and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in using Windows operating systems, navigating file trees, and installing software and drivers.
- Experience with inspecting and assembling to IPC 610 & 620 standards
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information
- Strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios, and proportions
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $ 60,359 and $ 66,974. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.