*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required. *
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Who are we looking for?
Pacific Defense is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Quality Engineer with outstanding technical, organizational and communication skills to join our small, elite team working in Sunnyvale, CA. Our high-performance systems are used for a variety of applications such as signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, threat detection, RF jammers, radio direction finding. To build these systems, we utilize state of the art hardware components such as FPGAs, SoCs, GPUs, and advanced software and firmware techniques that allow intuitive command and control of systems as well as data collection and processing.
This position ensures that all quality aspects are met, and the end product meets all contractual requirements. Areas of specialization include design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation, process evaluation, reliability review, documentation sign-off, testing support, and detailed inspection.
The selected candidate owns reporting supplier performance and quality to management. Assist in the development and implementation of supplier management programs. Track and qualify or disqualify suppliers according to organization's standards. Maintain successful relationships with supply, engineering, and manufacturing, departments.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Create or tailor existing quality planning to administer customer and internal quality requirements to Spectranetix program teams and supply base.
- Implement Quality Engineering responsibilities as a member of a program integrated product team (IPT)
- Ensure Quality Engineering engagement in program development, design, test requirements and verification, including the transition of design to production.
- Lead multi-functional teams in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on Six Sigma, Lean practices and other critical thinking improvement methods and resources.
- Guide business and program performance utilizing predictive and proactive measures and metrics.
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with program administration, cross-functional program stakeholders, suppliers, customers, and government representatives.
- Act as the Business Owner of the Supplier Quality Management processes
- Will play key role in implementation of Pacific Defense Quality Management System (QMS)
- Lead supplier quality audits and assure the quality of incoming materials.
- Develop and implement Incoming Quality Control (IQC) process
- Provide technical guidance for containment and creating record of of Non-conforming materials (NCMR), and lead communication with suppliers for Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR)
- Develop and maintain supplier key performance indicators (KPI)
- Routinely review supplier quality performance with cross functional team
- Ensures traceability to Configuration Management guidelines
- Support investigations of supplier non-conformance issues
- Clearly communicate status using the established collaboration tools Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Quality, Engineering or Operations with working knowledge of business strategic planning, engineering development, material and service acquisition, production, test, product acceptance and post-delivery support.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Extensive working knowledge of Supplier Quality Management practices.
- Familiarity with application and adherence to Quality Management Systems ISO 9001 and/or AS9000, applicable experience required.
- Experience with HW and SW Configuration Management.
- Ability to interface well with Product Development Engineering resources.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective communicator able to work independently and in teams.
- ASQE, Six Sigma Black/Green Belt or Lean certification a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Industry and Government Quality Requirements and Standards
- Ability to collaborate with program team members to develop practical solutions to complex problems.
- Working knowledge of Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) / Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) methodologies, systems and resources.
- Experience in predictive and proactive measures and metrics assessments and supporting actions to improve performance or mitigate problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
These Qualifications would be Nice to Have:
- DoD industry experience
- Past or present regular member or chair of Material and Failure non-conformance review boards (MRB/FRB)
- Experience in developing or a member of risk & opportunity management, assessment, mitigation, and capture.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with statistical and metrics software (e.g., Tableau, Minitab)
- Experience with factory systems and software (e.g., Arena, MRP)
- Hands on experience working with technicians in a production environment.
- Minimum requirement: BS in EE, CS, or relevant discipline
- MS in EE, CS, or a relevant discipline preferred.
Who are We?
Pacific Defense is focused on supporting the DoD’s disciplined movement to modular open standards and to mirror the way military services address EMS warfare – holistic mission planning and execution. Products are designed from the outset for modern, AI-driven autonomy and CMOSS and SOSA-aligned hardware and software solutions.Focus areas include autonomous systems, command and control, communications, cyber operations, intelligence collection, and electronic warfare. Perceptronics Solutions, is a part of the Pacific Defense family, specializing in highly-advanced RF spectrum technologies, and engineering with innovative AI-backed algorithms.
Pacific Defense provides competitive salaries, performance bonuses at all levels, and immediately vested 401K match. We cover 100% coverage for the employee, and 75% coverage for dependents medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums, as well as a flexible spending account for incidental health care expenses. We offer paid time off and federal holidays to spend time with family, pursue outside interests, or just get some extra rest.
Pacific Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.