Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
If you’re a Quality Engineer looking for a new challenge, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Xero we don't just look at what we're delivering but how we're delivering it.
This means we put our delivery under the same scrutiny as our customer-facing products to ensure we can deliver better quality features, more frequently and with greater ease. Right now our team is looking for a Quality Engineer with a background in testing distributed systems in a cloud-based environment.
About the role
As a Quality Engineer you’ll be working on one of the largest, most complex parts of the Xero platform and its integration with other products. You will be working very closely with product managers, compliance experts and remote teams to ensure quality. We strive to make it simple for small businesses everywhere to pay their people faster, correctly and with confidence.
You’ll be driving good quality and testing practices within the development team and will be accountable for the quality of the deliverables.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience in test management techniques and approaches including test planning, test execution and defect tracking.
- Experience in working in agile and cloud-based environments.
- Openness to work with remote and distributed teams in different time zones.
- Experience in testing the integration between software systems.
- Keenness to maintain a high level of test coverage and drive continuous improvement.
- Insights into testing distributed systems and microservices.
- A strong “shift-left” focus on quality and feedback.
- A resourceful, innovative and collaborative approach with strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- An understanding of OOP concepts based on C#/Java will be highly advantageous.
Nice to have, but not mandatory:
- Experience in implementing automated tests over multiple layers of a system, from database to UI, using a variety of automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Keen to promote CI/CD best practices.
- Experience contributing to the design of monitoring and observability in production.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.