Quality Engineer (Turbo)
Quality guru with a love of bikes.
Are you passionate about emerging technology and troubleshooting unique problems? Do you have a proven track record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you a pro at driving the development of a robust, reliable and serviceable product? Would people say you have a knack for quality control? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Support quality investigations by analyzing returned samples; documenting, cataloging & distributing findings; and driving corrective actions
- Prepare summary reports of historical failure modes to feedback into new product development process
- Facilitate and participate in FMEAs for new product development, then own/execute FMEA countermeasures related to quality functions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to identify and prioritize trending field issues and build processes for field issue avoidance
- Partner directly with Customer Service to troubleshoot and resolve critical customer issues,
- Develop detailed methods for repairs and rework processes, then create clear SOPs and train global Customer Service teams
- Support process startup and troubleshooting with key component and assembly facilities
- Submit claims to recover costs from suppliers
wHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 5 years of relevant experience - degree related to electrical engineering or electronics technology is preferred
- Ability and eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment with constant innovation and aggressive timelines
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude, including direct hands-on experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Direct experience leading problem solving or process improvement teams – you must be action-oriented with a hands-on approach, and be well versed in both formal problem solving methodologies and technical writing/documentation
- Demonstrated track record of successful product development support, including risk assessment and countermeasure follow-through
- Experience with outsourced manufacturing, especially with Asian suppliers
- Ability to travel up to 30% on a global basis
- Fluent spoken and written English required. German and/or Mandarin Chinese fluency desirable.
- Avid cyclist and bike mechanic with a passion for our product
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth, and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.