What would it look like if we started over? That’s the question that fuels all of us at Hampton Creek. We started this company because we deeply believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing for our bodies and for the world should be affordable for everyone. And it should be unthinkably, mouthwateringly delicious. We are the fastest-growing food company on earth and we are looking for the best and brightest to join us.
So what would you do if you had the chance to start again? If building a world-class food company that will change the world and shape the future of food sounds like a great fit, let’s talk. In this role, you will build and manage all aspects of the quality laboratory to ensure food safety and compliance standards are met. We are committed to food safety, science and ensuring Hampton Creek’s products meet these standards.
We are seeking a Quality Laboratory Manager to continue to build out a world-class quality team. In this position, you will take on the responsibility of creating and managing the quality laboratory. You will also work with a group of technicians to develop quality programs and procedures, analyze quality data and maintain product specifications. You have a solid food laboratory background and possess the highest level of enterprise and creativity.
· Manage the quality laboratory and laboratory staff – recruit and coach the team, organize and inspire to drive results
· Source and validate equipment while making a business case and cost savings justifications
· Work cross functionally with Product Development, Research & Development and other Quality teams
· Develop methods and procedures for shelf life testing and internal sample support
· Manage product specifications – create and maintain specifications by leveraging Quality, Culinary, R&D and external manufacturing teams
· Develop and manage a stability program, internally and with external manufacturing partners
· Maintain and validate all laboratory equipment and supplies
· Contact for all third party laboratory testing, shelf life and challenge studies
· Provide and complete quality based continuous improvement efforts
· 5-7 years of experience managing all aspects of quality laboratory operations in the food industry
· Experienced in establishing new laboratory environments and processes
· Detailed knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements pertaining to food laboratory operations and inspections
· Need to be extremely detail-oriented and an effective decision-maker
· Proven leadership and communication skills
· Building a team – recruiting, coaching, making the right decisions
· Be proactive in problem-solving and prioritizing the needs of our customers.
· Thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
This job has been filled or removed by Hampton Creek.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Quality Lab Manager job post.