What would it look like if we started over? That’s the question that fuels all of us at Hampton Creek. We started this company because we deeply believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing for our bodies and for the world should be affordable for everyone. And it should be unthinkably, mouthwateringly delicious. We are the fastest-growing food company on earth and we are looking for the best and brightest to join us.
So what would you do if you had the chance to start again? If building a world-class food company that will change the world and shape the future of food sounds like a great fit, let’s talk. In this role, you will build and manage the continuous implementation and improvement of our quality and food safety programs. We are committed to providing the safest, highest quality product and protecting Hampton Creek’s product brands.
The Quality Specialist will manage and conduct all quality audits and apply continuous improvement on-site throughout the manufacturing process of Hampton Creek’s products. You will write and implement processes to maintain food safety, ensure quality and support sustainability. You will work cross-functionally to provide baseline criteria and hold our partners to the highest-level of practice standards.
· Support external manufacturing in food safety related programs (HACCP, Sanitation, Environmental Monitoring, etc.)
· Provide quality and food safety guidance to all internal and external departments
· Maintain relationship with external manufacturing quality departments
· Work closely with product development team to ensure food safety requirements and quality standards are incorporated and provide support during plant trials for product launches
· Perform internal, external and vendor audits
· Maintain quality metrics and implement applicable corrective and preventative actions
· Focused on continuous improvement of internal and external practices, policies and procedures
· Develop product evaluation programs including quality scoring, gold standard, shelf life, etc.
· Develop and implement food safety training and traceability programs
· B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, or similar degree with food industry experience
· Expertise in implementing and promoting food safety and quality programs
· Comfortable working within a cross functional team to set the gold standard for quality
· Able to develop food safety initiatives and constantly striving for continuous improvement
· Confident in being the expert with the foremost responsibility of ensuring food safety which will require you to make business and quality decisions based on scientific, regulatory and quality evidence
· Ability to be adaptable, flexible and strict and have the mindset of providing solutions
· Travel required at least 40-60%
This job has been filled or removed by Hampton Creek.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Quality Specialist job post.✕