Kickoff is an AI personal trainer with a human coach in the loop for accountability. Our mission is to make millions of people healthier by democratizing access to high end fitness and nutrition coaching. We’re growing 40% month on month and have amazing unit economics because we drive better results for clients with minimal work from the coach.
We are looking for an amazing React Native Engineer who can work independently and remotely to own large pieces of our product. This role will be responsible for leveraging the latest technology to further our mission while also helping to define company strategy and culture.
Our engineering team is fully distributed. We believe this is a huge advantage for our business and for our employees. It's consistent with our values of work/life balance, individual empowerment, and inclusivity. We have frequent mini-retreats to collaborate and get to know each other better in fun, fitness oriented destinations.
You might work on:
- Harnessing our data to identify what drives positive behavior changes that make clients faster, stronger, healthier, and happier
- Supercharging our client-facing mobile app to provide clients with the information they need to massively improve their health, manage their nutrition, smash their personal records and visualize their progress
- Launching gamified social dashboards to enable clients to compete and collaborate with friends and family in all their fitness endeavors
- Building coach-facing tools that automate the busy work and empower them to drive incredible results with their clients
- Making architectural decisions that keep our systems scaling smoothly with the rapid growth of our business
- Building a fully remote team of talented engineers
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience with production React Native apps
- Enthusiasm about working independently and pushing technical comfort zones
- Strong prioritization skills, both for projects/features and architecture decisions
- Experience collaborating with product and designers
- An interest in fitness and wellness and real world impact
- Design experience
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Node.js
- DevOps experience, particularly in the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with machine learning
- Hiring experience
- Management experience