About the Team
The Real Estate and Construction Management team acts as an integral part of the DoorDash Workplace team. We manage the first phase in delivering best in class office and industrial space to support the diverse and growing DoorDash needs. We build offices that are inclusive, inspirational, and functional, as well as industrial spaces that are efficient and adaptable. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing the very best work of their careers.
You’ll be a vital part of a team that helps prepare DoorDash for where it is going, and enables the continued growth of our platform.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Real Estate Transaction Lead to report to the Real Estate Manager. In this role, you will support the scaling of our New Verticals team as we rapidly expand our real estate portfolio. You will need to be a master at handling multiple tasks and projects with a “no-job-is-too-small” attitude, an ability to take thoughtful initiative, and the desire to go above and beyond. You will be an active participant in lease negotiations, portfolio planning, and ongoing portfolio management. This role will require exceptional communication skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work well with a diverse range of personalities and perspectives.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Become a valued member of the Real Estate team, supporting hyper-growth across our portfolio.
- Focus primarily on supporting our New Business Verticals, working closely with a cross-functional team to negotiate LOIs and leases for new locations as we dramatically scale our DashMart operations.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail, by diving into goals and fundamentals involved in each property (i.e. budget, lease structure, schedule constraints, etc.), in order to creatively problem-solve issues as they arise and successfully negotiate leases to meet aggressive launch schedules.
- Work closely with a diverse team that includes vendors, internal cross-functional partners, and outsourced support to ensure we have scalable solutions and processes.
- Partner with our Construction Management team to ensure we have clearly defined budgets and projects scopes prior to lease execution.
- Be responsible for creating and managing regular communication and status reports to ensure all stakeholders are well informed of progress and KPIs.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Are Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to, take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Think big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively execute on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission in order to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Have a strong understanding of lease agreements, terminology, basic lease accounting principles
- Have 3+ years of experience managing a real estate portfolio and negotiating LOIs and leases
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.