Reality Casting Coordinator
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a Reality Casting Coordinator to focus solely on reality based projects (i.e. Real Couples Try XX, Inspirational Women for Lean Cuisine, Latina Mothers Talk About Sacrifices, Couples Take Lie Detector Tests, etc). This person will build out the database with accessible reality actors and couples. Post breakdowns and collect submissions for reality based projects. They will work with Head of Casting and production teams on submissions and casting choices.
This job is full-time, based in Los Angeles, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Book and organize auditions
- Sift through submissions & self-taped auditions
- Maintain database of available reality actors (should include special talents, past performances, and availabilities)
- Recruiting/scouting talent & heavy research
- Work directly with internal producers to identify casting needs are for each project, and help guide them towards solutions that fit their design and budgetary needs
- Prepare and attend auditions
- Work with Head of Casting and production teams on submissions and casting choices
- 2-4 years reality casting experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external producers
- Ability to work with producers on both long term schedules, and handle last minute changes with ease
- Working knowledge of Breakdown, Casting Networks, Cast It, etc.
- Must be organized & attentive to detail
- Must be able to manage multiple lines of communication, across projects running concurrently
- Experienced with holding open calls
- Ability to handle contracts
- Ability to book background talent
- Personable and easy to work with
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.