World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
Are you a person of compassion? An advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, World Relief, and millions of people around the world need you.
World Relief Spokane is looking for compassionate individuals with a mission to grow through serving refugees and other immigrants. Our interns gain valuable experience as part of a culturally diverse team of passionate individuals.
As a Reception and Placement Intern you will play a vital role in assisting newly arrived refugees during their first 90 days.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare for and welcome new arrivals
- Assist with applications for social services
- Assist with home visits, move-ins, follow-up calls
- Submit case notes, data entry and update case files
- Bus train clients
- Transport clients to appointments
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Sensitivity and openness to persons of culturally diverse backgrounds
- High degree of patience, understanding, organization, and flexibility
- Current driver’s license and insurance coverage and willingness to drive clients (company vehicles are available)
- Passage of criminal and driving background checks
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office 2021 or newer
- Prior cross-cultural experience
- Ability to speak another language
- Support of World Relief Mission and Values
- Personal initiative, high sense of responsibility
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Flexible/motivated team player
- Ability to climb and descend stairs unassisted
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
While some internships are unpaid, the program is competitive and you are encouraged to approach it in the same way you would a job. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, application, and to pass a Criminal Background Check. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that an internship with World Relief does not guarantee a future job in the organization.