We are looking for a so-positive-it's-infectious Receptionist to join us.
You will be responsible for providing a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests, ensuring they are treated as individuals and will want to return. You will be required to work flexible shift patterns which will include days as well as nights, weekdays, and weekends. You will be working 12-hour shifts, comprised where possible of 4 days working and 4 days’ rest.
The Hoxton, Shoreditch, is where The Hoxton was born. It’s where we first set out to do things a little differently, breaking rules about ‘the way things are done’. Originally a car park, it now offers 210 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and an open lobby, café & restaurant where you can feel the hustle and energy of Shoreditch.
What you'll do...
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges.
- Deal with the arrival and departure processes for all guests, ensuring all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- Deal with in-house guests’ requests, recording all feedback as per our standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of guest billing, financial transactions and the Reception float.
- Ensure the accuracy of data in all systems and provides the necessary daily reports for all departments as per our standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the night reception tasks are completed correctly and accurately in line with our standard operating procedures.
- Ensures all guests are quoted the correct rate as per the selling strategy and website.
- Ensure all telephone calls are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Maintain observation over guests and guest’s property to ensure security alerts are kept to a minimum.
- Report any maintenance issues to the correct department and check to ensure the work has been completed.
- Ensure the integrity of the public area and back of house areas are maintained at all times, with deficiencies corrected immediately.
- Collaborate with all other teams in the hotel, and all outsourced business partners to ensure the utmost satisfaction for our guests.
- Ensure the Reception desk is clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- You will be a member of the hotels’ crisis and fire teams.
What we're looking for...
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to
- Previous hotel (or similar) experience is great, but it's not a must-have for us - if you're eager to learn we can teach you what you need to know
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You have experience of Micros Fidelio Opera.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- 19.6 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), pension and life insurance
- A health cash plan, through which you can easily claim money back on things like dental, physiotherapy and contact lenses
- Take care of your physical & mental wellbeing through a support help line, gym discounts, virtual GP surgeries and more
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities