BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, is looking for a smart, collaborative, and detail-oriented Recruiter to support our international recruitment needs. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to effectively tackle high-volume recruiting, a tenacious attitude, and a customer-focused mentality that allows you to deliver service to your hiring managers with a smile and a can-do spirit.
The ideal candidate has experience in a full-desk recruiting environment and is equally comfortable scheduling interviews as they are sourcing for candidates and closing offers. By partnering with hiring managers, this person will both work on defining BuzzFeed’s talent acquisition strategy as well as actually hiring stellar people.
This position is based in our London office and will work closely with our global People Team (with members in NYC and LA) to develop recruiting strategies, build a strong employment brand, and other long-term initiatives (in addition to all the usual recruiting responsibilities).
BuzzFeed offers competitive compensation and benefits plus equity. We also provide perks like catered meals, company happy hours, and more.
- Partner with hiring managers throughout the interview process to develop job descriptions, identify candidates, manage the candidate experience and negotiate offers
- Work on positions across our international offices; UK, France, Germany, Spain, Australia, India, Mexico, Brazil and Canada, running searches for key roles across all departments: Editorial, Sales, Marketing, Creative, Technology and Office Support.
- Manage the inbound applicant pipeline, while identifying passive job seekers using a full range of recruitment tactics and resources
- Meet with hiring managers on a regular basis to discuss hiring needs and current status of candidates
- Provides recommendations and best practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the recruiting process
- Develop a recruitment strategy to best sell BuzzFeed as a highly desireable place to work within each of these markets
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management
- Maintain a solid understanding of industry trends and provide insight into the competitive landscape.
- Build partnerships external of BuzzFeed to help in recruiting efforts
- Attend various industry events and career fairs
- Previous recruitment experience within a similar industry, particularly Editorial
- Comfortable with organised chaos
- A pro-active and hands on approach
- Self motivated, with a driven attitude with a strong work ethic
- Expertise in sourcing, interviewing, and offer negotiations at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation
- Good listener and analytical thinker who can conceptualise and analyse both business problems and solutions
- Ability (and desire) to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Equal parts assertive and respectful
- Lots of humble confidence
- European languages is desirable