Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 230+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
Talent Acquisition continues to be a massive priority at Netflix, and we operate in a progressive hiring environment in which hiring the best -- versus “making the hire” -- guides everything we do. In order to thrive, Recruiters need to have an expert understanding of the roles which they hire, as well as the teams and businesses with which they partner. A great Recruiter is able to define what “the best” looks like for a given role and talent market; find stellar talent, and constantly drive on the business at every stage of the hiring process in order to ensure amazing hires.
- You will design strategies to recruit stellar, niched candidates in small talent pools by creating a hiring plan, doing competitive research, networking, and sourcing.
- You will sometimes lead recruiting initiatives and work 360 and independently on roles, and partner with teammates on volume searches.
- You will sometimes work as a Researcher on senior or highly complex searches.
- Have a deep understanding of specific business areas, markets, and functions.
- Ensure candidates understand and appreciate our unique culture of freedom and responsibility.
- Being a thoughtful recruiting partner to the business. Use talent market expertise, data, and business acumen to educate and influence hiring managers as to how to identify and acquire the best talent.
- Engage key business partners in order to understand the needs of a given hiring team.
- Ensure candidates understand the opportunity they’re exploring, as well as our culture.
- Inspire and help to develop strong performance in others through influence and sharing of information and knowledge.
- As part of a tightly integrated, global Talent team, partner with peers in Talent Acquisition around the world to contribute to Netflix’s global recruiting effort
- Fluency in Japanese and English is required
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on mid career full cycle recruiting in Japan at global, high-growth companies
- Highly self-directed, a problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to Netflix’s reputation and success.
- Smart and insatiably curious, you enjoy asking what makes different businesses tick, and are driven to understand how different parts of the business fit in with one another, and impact each other.
- Candid and bold: able to thoughtfully push back when needed, and confident in what you know, without ever veering into “brilliant jerk” territory.
- Willing and able to adapt to an ever-evolving set of team and business needs.
- Excited about technology; consuming TV, movies, and entertainment is fun, not a chore.
- Excited to be able to impact Netflix’s hiring brand in Japan, and appreciate the importance of that brand to hiring.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military service status or disability status.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.