General Description of the Programme
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2012, responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities. GOAL is working in northern Syria delivering food, non-food, WASH, livelihoods and emergency programming with a strong focus on market based approaches. GOAL met the needs of more than 700,000 conflict affected Syrians in 2014 and has an estimated 2015 budget of more than $100 million.
In 2014 GOAL first began working in Turkey, responding to the needs of refugees displaced from Kobane. Subsequently, GOAL has worked to create a developing multi-donor programme with a particular focus on health care programming, but also incorporating livelihoods and emergency support components.
General Description of the Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to support the organization in all recruitment activities. The Recruitment Officer will implement recruitment policies and procedures to attract suitable, high quality, candidates while meeting the requirements of the organization.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs, obtain requests to recruit (ERFs) and assists with the preparation of job descriptions
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
- Create preliminary shortlists for interview by comparing applicants relevant details to the requirements of the job description
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges interviews by coordinating schedules of candidates and interviewers
- Attends interviews and coordinates other applicant testing measures
- Evaluates applicants by discussing evaluation procedure results with managers ensuring it follows GOAL HR policy
- Manages new employee relocation by determining new employee requirements; negotiating with movers; arranging temporary housing; providing community introductions.
- Sets up the induction for each new joiner and ensures that all related administrative items are organized and ready for when the new joiner starts
- Ensures that GOAL Syria’s HR policies are adhered to, in particular all recruitment procedures and communication steps
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Report to the HR and Admin Manager on a daily and weekly basis regarding recruitment progress and activities
- Minimum 3 years’ recruitment experience;
- Creative approach in attracting the best candidates for GOAL;
- Ability to network and utilize contacts;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Ability to accurately interview and assess candidates for appropriate roles;
- Results orientated and target driven;
- Fluent in Turkish and working level of English. Working level of Arabic is desirable;
- Knowledge of Turkish labor law an advantage.
- Previous experience with an NGO an advantage.